• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Vari-X III Tactical Price Check

joshua414

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2012
Jasper, TN
I have a Vari-X III 4.5-14x AO Tactical scope that I am considering selling to help fund my desire to purchase a Nightforce scope. The scope has the adjustable objective on the objective bell not on the side, it has the black ring and a 1" tube. I believe these were the precursors to the current Mark 4 line.

My big question is what is this scope worth now? It's in 99% condition, it has one small scratch on the main tube. It has basically sat in the gun safe for the past 5 years.

51212005.jpg

Re: Leupold Vari-X III Tactical Price Check

Try searching ebay for closed auctions. That would be a good reference point

Fantastic idea! Thank you. I always forget that you can search ended auctions on ebay.

Careful. Some would say this type of post would be trying to backdoor the rules for posting WTS. Just sayin.

I'd also recommend searching closed auctions on eBay. eBay seems to get the heaviest traffic in used scopes.

I don't think he is back dooring the system I agree its hard to get a good starting point sometimes on prices

Nope, I'm definitely not a fan of any type of "back dooring". I actually sold the scope today to a coworker for $400 and roughly 300 rounds of 223. So basically it was worth roughly 475 to 500.