• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold vs. Kahles in 8x32 Binos

JMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2007
Wisconsin
I'm looking at getting a new set of binoculars and I've kind of narrowed down my choices to a set of Leupold Gold Ring 8x32's or a set of Kahles 8x32's. I know Leuplod has the lifetime warranty but what about the Kahles? I'm also wondering if anybody has experience with either as to which one would be the better purchase.

Durability?
Clarity?
Quality?
Anything else that makes one superior to the other?

Thanks in advance for any assistiance.
JMC

Re: Leupold vs. Kahles in 8x32 Binos

does anyone have any experiance with either? Even if it's not the same models? Kahles bino's or Leopold bino's in general?

I have a set of Kahles 10X 42. I've had them for about five years and have used them extensively hunting here in Alaska.
They've been in rain, snow, dragged on the ground, you name it, they've been through it. They are great binos. The quality of the glass is excellant, they gather light well, they are well made and durable.
The only issue I had with them is the way the objective lens caps are secured to the lenses. I lost one of the caps on a hunt, a call to Kahles, they sent me two for no cost.
If I were to buy another pair of binos, I would buy Kahles.

jmc they are both really good glass. if you are going mid sized like the 8X32 i would also look at the leica 8X32 and swaro slc 8X32. Not much more money than you are talking with better glass IMHO. Good luck

I've used both but own Kahles now. The Leupold is good glass at the gold ring level but I think the Kahles is better glass and tougher than the Leupold. I'd never hesitate to buy Kahles over Leupold, whether bino's or scopes.

Both are good but I agree that the Kahles are better.

We're about to get some new Kahles 8x32's in that we will be selling for $399.95.

Brady
972-617-7056

Thanks a lot guys I'm going to end up going with the Kahles then. I dont have anyone around here that I know of that has any experiance with them so thank you all. $399.95 seems like a really good deal and think I'll order on Monday if they are in stock.

Thanks
JMC

We should have them in by Monday.

I'll hold one for ya.

Just give me a call at 972-617-7056.

Brady

Very easy choice - Kahles! I've had both and there really isn't much comparison.

About the only bino's I've used that I like more than my Kahles are the Leica Duovid's but I have a tough time seeing a pair of $3K binoculars in my immediate future!

Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 BGTP are worth saving for.

I ended up ordering a pair of the Kahles from SWFA. They had them in stock and Katrina there told me that they should be here around friday. I'm excited to get them to try them out to see how well they work out. This will be the nicest set I've ever had so either way it be an improvement. I have a pair of Wind Rivers and they were nice but big and the I ended up cracking the eyepiece.

I guess my brother ordered a set of the Leupolds recently too so i can compare the two anyway.

Thanks for the information to everyone who voiced an opinion.
JMC

UPS dropped off the Kahles 8x32's that I ordered from SWFA and I'm downright impressed with them. I couldn't really notice a difference from my brothers Leupold Gold Rings in just a glance, but they are lighter and more compact which is nice really.
They seem to be really well made and total out class any binocular that I've ever had before. The clarity is downright impressive and I'm able to see more detail than I could with my old pair of 10 power Green rings by a long shot even with the lower magnification.

Getting these has really convinced me to spending the money on the best optics that I can afford and maybe even a little more rather than to try and make it work with a "cheaper" optic.

Thank to all for helping make an informed decision.
JMC