• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm 1" for 700P over SS?

ls2gto

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
Just picked up a 700P and I'm looking to pick up a scope mostly for the range. Originally sold on the simplicity and so called brightness and clarity of the Super Sniper, I couldn't help but also hear about the "greatness" of Leupold.

I found the VX3, and it sounds solid. It's approximately 150 more than the Super Sniper, but has a little more magnification, and has great class. No idea how the 2 compare at 10x though.

This is going on my 30MOA BO base (came with rifle), and both have plenty of elevation adjustment to zero at 100. The Leupold is 1" compared to 30mm of the SS, but doesn't matter when the Leupold still maintains a 71MOA adjustment.

Primarily using the rifle at my local ranges with 100,200 yard ranges, with the occasional trip out to the 600 and 1000 yard ranges every now and then.

Is the Leupold worth the 150 extra?

Re: Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm 1" for 700P over SS?

Which reticle and turret setup fits your needs better?

Re: Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm 1" for 700P over SS?

I have a Leupold Vari X III 4.5-14x40 AO scope on a ruger 338 win mag, I've had both since new back in 04, the scope is a very well made item, not one problem and a lifetime warranty backing it as well, it is very clear, i can see raindrops falling through it when it rains clearly, i've used it up to abour 300 yards and it does great, not sure what your uses include as far as range and the like but i don't think you'll go wrong with the leupold scope