• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX 3 : questions on CDS turrets....

Jager66

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2011
Northern VA & Northern Italy
I know Leupold offers to provide some of their scopes equipped with CDS external turrets for dialing in the correct distance according to cartridge details (BC, velocity, etc.).

But....

Do any of You know whether they can provide the same system (CDS turrets) with the indication of clicks only ?
I mean, every click I move the turret is actually a 1/4 MOA (or 1 CM in some cases) and the turrets report the indication for the number of clicks (i.e. 5 for 5 clicks, 10 for 10 clicks and so on) regardless of the "unit" used (1/4, 1/8, cm. or whatever).

I am wondering whether this is possible, as I do not see it difficult.
I assume they already do it, although now the numbers indicate the various distances in hundred yards (2.5, 3, 3.5....) so it'b be just a matter of numbering the caps (they wouldn't even need to calculate bullet drop or anything like it).
It'b be just a "click counter"...
grin.gif

I am not sure I made myself clear....
frown.gif

Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: Leupold VX 3 : questions on CDS turrets....

I believe the VX-3 is in 1/4 MOA increments. The standard capped knob has a dial on it, you just can't rezero it unless you consider the little ring with a gap in it a way to reset it to zero.

You could have a target knob put on to accomplish what you're wishing for.