• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX 6 7-42 question

cp3head

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have been looking at a new ftr scope and the Leupold vx 6 caught my eye. I know that this is a brand new scope and that it has just started shipping. I currently have a nightforce benchrest 8-32x56 and I have been more than pleased with it. However, I am looking to shed a few ounces. My question is has anybody handled this scope yet? I know there was a review done on this website back in August and one done on Accurate Shooter in January. I am in a toss up between the Leupold or a Sightron Siii in 8-32 x 56. Thoughts? Once again, for weight savings and for an ftr rifle (Nightforce 36 ounces vs Leupold 26.3 ounces vs Sightron 26.5 ounces). I handled the Nightforce competition but I wish that it had a lower starting point for magnification, which is why I am excluding that particular scope. Thanks in advance for your input.

I have been looking at a new ftr scope and the Leupold vx 6 caught my eye. I know that this is a brand new scope and that it has just started shipping. I currently have a nightforce benchrest 8-32x56 and I have been more than pleased with it. However, I am looking to shed a few ounces. My question is has anybody handled this scope yet? I know there was a review done on this website back in August and one done on Accurate Shooter in January. I am in a toss up between the Leupold or a Sightron Siii in 8-32 x 56. Thoughts? Once again, for weight savings and for an ftr rifle (Nightforce 36 ounces vs Leupold 26.3 ounces vs Sightron 26.5 ounces). I handled the Nightforce competition but I wish that it had a lower starting point for magnification, which is why I am excluding that particular scope. Thanks in advance for your input.
I have the Leupold VX6 7-42 it work great till the side focus started to make clucking noise with it was turned. Leupold got last Thursday no word back yet on what is wrong.

If your choices are between the Leupold and Sightron, the Leupold is the easy choice. Although I have not got behind the 7-42 VX6 yet I have shot and handled a few other VX6's. Don't get me wrong, the Sightron makes pretty good budget glass, but the quality just isn't there compared to the Leupold. We have a 8-32 SIII and I've been able to shoot on of the 10-50 SIII's also, they are both blurry compared to the Leupold at higher maginification. I'll take the VX-3 8.5-25 over either of those scopes, and the VX6's I've handled are just that much more impressive with their construction.