• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX-III 1" tube with M1 knobs

Lostsheep

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2001
Republic of Alberta
I understand that M1 knobs can be installed on a standard Leupold 1 inch tube scope. I do prefer M1 knobs over the regular target turrets, but I'm not sure how aesthetically pleasing this would be?

Does anyone have a photograph of such a modified scope?

Thanks,

TK

Re: Leupold VX-III 1" tube with M1 knobs

Here's an older model vari-x111 3.5-10 gloss scope /w M1 elevation added.

100_0746.jpg

Thanks for the photo's guys!!

Wolfman,

how do you like the M1 knob in comparison to the target turrets on a hunting rig?

I would love to do that to one of mine....
Who does it, Premier Ret?
How much?

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brians708</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to do that to one of mine....
Who does it, Premier Ret?
How much?

Thanks,
</div></div>
Premier stopped working on Leupolds' years ago, although they'll warranty scopes that they modified (i.e. Premier power-boosted and FFP Leupold conversions if they have the parts). However, you can send your scope(s) to the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Leupold Custom Shop</span></span> for the knob conversions, reticle changes, ect.

Keith

$129 for 2 M1 knobs

I have them on a 3.5-10x40 VXIII and they work ok

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lostsheep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the photo's guys!!

Wolfman,

how do you like the M1 knob in comparison to the target turrets on a hunting rig? </div></div>

M1's work great on a hunting rig. I put a label on the inside of the butler creek w/ my dope written on it. Range the target, add the elevation and squeeze.

Sweet. Ya learn something new every day.
Now I can make 2 "target" scopes "tacticool".

I just put a vx-II 3-9 w/ an M1 elevation on a 7 WSM Montana. Can't wait to try it. All that reach and only 7lbs!

Shane- I've been toying w/ putting M1's on a spare 2.5-8. it sure is a slick little scope.

I have never paid much attention to knobs, but after looking at some pics I find that my Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20x40 EFR scope came with standard target knobs but the guy I bought it from included a pair of M1 knobs which I installed. I just never though to look them up and actually thought they were just bigger target knobs.
I have the scope on my Anschutz .22. If you need more pics let me know and I'll take some.

Jim