• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX-R 4-12x50

As stated the VXr are a nice hunting scope, the dot is un-obtrusive and great for quick acquisition. The glass is comparable to VX2 or the older VXIII.

Mine are 2-7 and 3-9 both CDS, used for close hunting with a chance to push out further. If you are looking for longer range hunting, the VX3 or Mk4 would be more appropriate. The VX3 has a bit more magnification and the glass is better.

Great for a hunting scope. Good glass and solid feel. Reticle not too busy. I've got one in a 3-9x50 cds that I'm about to put up for sale. I'm switching to a more tactical type scope on that particular rifle.

I was also looking at the Vortex Viper PST but for hunting & target shooting I think the VX-R would be a better fit. Plus, most of my shots will be less than 300 yards. This optic will be going on a 308 AR 10.

I have no problem with a VX3 2.5-8x36 from 25-300 yards, so a 3-9 or 4-12 would be more than adequate for me. YMMV.

I killed a limit of 6 two seasons with a 280Rem Browning Stalker, with a 4x World Class Tasco on top. Longest shot was 256yds across a peanut field. Though I have missed plenty of deer I did not miss one those 2 years. 12 shots 12 dead deer. I never felt underscoped at any time. Yes a 3-9 is plenty even in beanfield country.