• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold VX3 6.5-20 / varmint retical

tjrumseyjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
N.Y.S.
hey guys i want to put this scope on my next rifle only thing im worried about is are the windage and elevation turrets finger adjustable.

Re: leupold VX3 6.5-20 / varmint retical

Im in the same boat. Called Leupold Tech Department, and they will change out to M1 knobs for about $130, and turnaround time is approx 3 Weeks.

so the turrets are not finger adjustable..

Can you post a link of the 6.5x20 that you are speaking of. Are the adjustment covers tall or short?

they are short, you can find them on www.swfa.com click riflescopes and go to hutingscopes click on vx3 its 6.5x20x40mm.should scroll to the bottom of the page to the numbers, the one im talking about is on the 10th page.

My leupold 6.5-20 varmint is finger adjustable.

MVC-019F.jpg

Most that have target knobs are the ones that specify this, vari x 3 6.5x20xwhatever LR. The "LR" being long range ofcourse.

Not sure, but I think all VX-3's have hand adjustable knobs???

thanks for the info thats all i needed to know. are they a good quality scope ive read some post that leupold has a3% crosshair cant meening the crosshairs cannot leveled perfectly. what i would like to know is at what degree does that start to mess whith accuracey

it was in one of the threads here. he had bought a luppy mark4 put on his rifle used a crosshairlevel and they were not straight. called leupold explained the problem and they told him that was within their regulations to pass inspection.

I have the VX III 6.5-20 X 50mm varmint hunter reticle on my 22-250. It has a 30mm tube and long target knobs. The knobs have caps over them that screw off. Once off, the knobs are easily finger adjustable.