• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX3i vs Swarovski z3/z5?

Semperfi87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Currently have the VX3i in 4.5-14x50 is the Swarovski z3 a better Scope is the VX3i comparable to the z3 or z5? Used for deer hunting in low light

The Swarovski is so much brighter, I have a Z3 on an old Pre-64 featherweight (.270) and it is wicked bright and very crisp. I also have countless VX3's, which are good scopes, but the Z3 is better.

I have that same vx3i and can't tell a difference between it and older vari-x 3s from the 80s and 90s. Swaro Z3 and Z5 are likely better but I don't know if you will kill more deer with it.

To get something substantially better you really need to hop up to a zeiss diavari or swaro Z6, or possibly a kahles/leica depending on model. JMHO.

I have a z3 4-12x50 and a previous model VX3 4.5-14x50

The swaro is brighter and has better colors, at night I can almost see more thorough it than with my eye alone and the only reason I say almost is because I dont see how it could possibly be better than my eye, I feel I can see more. The vx3 while decent isnt in the same ball park but not bad.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I would rather compare the Leupold VX HD 5 or 6 against the Swarovski scopes at that price range. You can add firedot at that level of Leupold. I’d take the Leo over the swaro any day, I’ve had both and illum is a must for me.