• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold vx6 7-42 vs USO er25

67Bronco90

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2021
North Carolina
Hi guys I’m new so bear with me lol... I just finished a custom ruger no 1 build in .338-378 weatherby and I have both a leupold vx6 7-42 and US optics ER25 I love both scopes but am torn as to which is truly best for this rifle the leupold is awesome and the magnification is tremendous vs the USO but it doesn’t compare when it comes to adjustment... I really want to stretch this cartridge out pushing 2,000 yds... I’m looking for some opinions on what you guys think which would be best for this area as I’m having a hard time deciding?

Hi guys I’m new so bear with me lol... I just finished a custom ruger no 1 build in .338-378 weatherby and I have both a leupold vx6 7-42 and US optics ER25 I love both scopes but am torn as to which is truly best for this rifle the leupold is awesome and the magnification is tremendous vs the USO but it doesn’t compare when it comes to adjustment... I really want to stretch this cartridge out pushing 2,000 yds... I’m looking for some opinions on what you guys think which would be best for this area as I’m having a hard time deciding?
Try them both?

Who would know better than you which one you like best...

Try them both?

Who would know better than you which one you like best...
I have mounted both on the gun to feel them out and really I love both equally iv took game at 1,000 yds with the leupold already on another rifle... I guess I’m asking more which scope y’all believe is more capable at extended long range... do you feel it is better to see up close and compensate in the reticle? or have the click value for making the proper adjustment? I know this too is person preference I’m just wondering what other people think is better

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have mounted both on the gun to feel them out and really I love both equally iv took game at 1,000 yds with the leupold already on another rifle... I guess I’m asking more which scope y’all believe is more capable at extended long range... do you feel it is better to see up close and compensate in the reticle? or have the click value for making the proper adjustment? I know this too is person preference I’m just wondering what other people think is better
Trust me.... I'm not trying to be difficult..

99% of the time I completely understand when people ask a question of this nature. But those folks don't generally already own the optics in question.

You already have both of the scopes you're asking about. You know them better than anyone here. Just as you know your rifle better than anyone here.. Our opinion doesn't mean anything. Your scopes, on your rifle.

Dont overanalyse this.. Pick one and run with it. I'm sure it'll work out.

Reactions: holy cow
If the USO has the elevation adjustment needed to make the shots you want, and the Leupold doesn’t, then you’ve basically got your answer right there.
The VX-6 7-42x was an F-class scope and only has what- 50moa of elevation travel? That’s not even gonna come close to cutting it at 2,000yds. Running some basic numbers through a ballistic app with a high-BC load, you’re gonna be lucky to get 1,000yds off the VX-6 elevation before needing a canted base or mount. You would conceivably need an additional 60moa of elevation between a mount and base to get that round out to 2,000yds. That just isn’t feasible.