• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold VX6-HD Firedot 2-12 on 5.56 issue

EchoThirteen

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2021
South Carolina
Whats up shooters! I won the scope named in my title from a raffle, was super excited but thought I was getting a 1x-6x. The scope itself is incredible. Crystal clear glass and the red dot is really bright. I'm currently running a red dot/magnifier combo on a 16" AR. I did all my research and was already to switch to the LPVO but I didn't realize I was getting a 2x-12x instead of a 1x-6x. So if I chose to mount this, I lose 1x capabilities unless I go with offset irons or a 45 deg red dot.(preferred over irons) (I have a vortex viper). How would everyone else handle this issue? 1. Sell the 2x-12x and buy the 1x-6x? 2. Go QD as my red dot/magnifier are QD and swap when the situation arises for long range to short range. (I'm talking range days, not home protection obviously) but I'll always be checking zeros every time! 3. Go with a canted small red dot for a 1x? I'm personally leaning towards swapping it for the 1x-6x but I'll have to go thru eBay and deal with the hassle. There are a lot of that particular scope on there and I'm sure the sale will take longer than I want it to. If I chose the canted option, my 1X will always be with a turned rifle, and sighting will be a little different. Any ideas on the situation or ways to sell the scope if I chose to do so. Any advice is appreciated. If anyone is looking for my particular scope and wants to save a couple hundred bucks, I'll do a straight up swap for a new 1x-6x (same manufacturer and model), as I did win it and don't mind the difference in money. That person would be doing my a favor so let me them keep the difference.

I would say if it is not what you want then go ahead and sell it. Then get what you would like. In the end, you will be happier that way.