• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Leupold VX6 recommendations

BKSSNIPER

Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Arkansas
Looking for recommendations for a VX-6HD for hunting.....
I recently bought a Remington 700 AAC 308 and want to use it to hunt with. It has a Magpul Hunter stock, 20moa rail, Harris BR bipod, AAC suppressor mount so it is set up pretty nice. It had a Nikon M308 Scope on it and I just didn’t like it. I would use it for hunting from a shooting house over food plots mostly. Maybe one day shoot some longer range target stuff too.
I was thinking of one of the VX-6HD scopes because a friend raves on them.
I have VX-3 & VX-3i 6.5x20s on my Rimfire so I like magnification.

Vx6 are great but i have multiple vx5hd optics,for $500 less each it buys alot more ammo and almost as good.i like the 3-15 power with firedot recticle.they have the adjustable parallax as the 2-10 do not

They’re nice scopes. I use a 2-12 vx6hd on my main hunting rifle, and a Q fix. It bugs me a bit that it isn’t parallax adjustable, but I can’t say I’m missing or even shooting worse for it. By Nightforce and Schmidt standards, the knobs are mushy, but again not holding me back in the slightest. The vx5 is a nice scope too. Appears to be the same glass but with a cheaper windage knob which is capped, vs the locking exposed knob of the 6.

Below is a target I shot two days ago with the Fix. I took single shots from six different positions between 280 and 564 yds on a tripod. Every shot was dialed for elevation, not held. Just working out come-ups because I don’t have complete dope. The group is exactly 1 moa.
3D0FA640-9A37-42A8-980F-5EB3C297A336.jpeg
8EF981D9-3F7F-4138-AB6B-E61F2AB312A4.jpeg

Im a pretty loud leupold hater, but these scopes work well. If you just want to shoot holds only, the vortex Razor HD LH has better glass, and a holdover moa ret for $800 bucks. Capped turrets, 1” tube, and parallax adjustment(3-15x only). A little lighter than the vx6 too.

Reactions: deersniper
Get the VX5HD I have the duplex fire dot and I got the custom turret for it and it is spot on. I shot a mule deer at 300 yards last year and dropped him.

630729E6-152A-42A3-8153-23232F36BCB1.jpeg

Reactions: BKSSNIPER