• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX6HD vs Mark5HD glass?

jojotheclown

Spray and Pray
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2018
Texas
I have a VX6HD that I was thinking about replacing with a Mark5HD (want FFP). How is the glass in the Mark5 comparatively? The like the light weight and features of the VX6, and the glass is pretty good, but switching everything over to FFP.

Same glass according to a leupold customer service rep.

No idea if that’s true or not but that’s what he said. I’ve shot behind mark 5’s but not any vx series so I can’t compare.

Reactions: jojotheclown
I've heard the same. Only used a MK5 though and wouldn't hesitate to get another. Hell i will be eventually. They're great optics for the money, buy with confidence. A buddy of mine that only has ATACRs picked up a VX6HD and loved it. I'm trying to get my dad to rid of his V6 to move to a VX6HD in Mil/Mil

I'm slowly trying to weed out all MOA optics in our safe. If Leupold Custom will give me the VX5HD 4-20x52 that's coming in Mil/Mil i'm probably going to jump on it.

Reactions: jojotheclown
I've heard the same. Only used a MK5 though and wouldn't hesitate to get another. Hell i will be eventually. They're great optics for the money, buy with confidence. A buddy of mine that only has ATACRs picked up a VX6HD and loved it. I'm trying to get my dad to rid of his V6 to move to a VX6HD in Mil/Mil

I'm slowly trying to weed out all MOA optics in our safe. If Leupold Custom will give me the VX5HD 4-20x52 that's coming in Mil/Mil i'm probably going to jump on it.

How do you get a MIL vx6hd?
Through custom shop or is it available direct from a Leupold supplier?

How do you get a MIL vx6hd?
Through custom shop or is it available direct from a Leupold supplier?

So i emailed leupold both technically but i know of only one retailer (opticsplanet) offering it and it's only the VX6HD 3-18x44. Leupold will do the 3-18x44 and 3-18x50. I was quoted 1800 or so. So retail but hell i'd pay i honestly. Sucks that we can't do that with the 4-24x52. I'm going to email about the 4-20x52 as well.

So i emailed leupold both technically but i know of only one retailer (opticsplanet) offering it and it's only the VX6HD 3-18x44. Leupold will do the 3-18x44 and 3-18x50. I was quoted 1800 or so. So retail but hell i'd pay i honestly. Sucks that we can't do that with the 4-24x52. I'm going to email about the 4-20x52 as well.

Would be great if they could do it for the 4-20x50 as well as the 3-15x44.

Yeah they are nice. I really like mine and would be fine for target shooting, but I need FFP for accurate holdovers while hunting. The mark 5HD looks like it would be just about perfect.