• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold warranty Europe

Thorbear

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2023
Denmark
Hi everyone. I have in a long time wanted to shoot more and dig deeper in to precision shooting because I spent more time I. The shooting range then on hunting. So back in July/August I sold most of my rifles and scopes so I could afford a new rifle and hopefully a scope good enough for both hunting and long range.
When I checked my gear before I sold it I found out that one of my Leupold scopes had fungus on the inside of the lens, which usually indicates a leak in the scope.
I when to the Leupold website to se the procedure for warranty claims and came in contact with the import company I Denmark whom advised me to drop it of at a store dealing Leupold.

Time line:
5. aug. 2023:
I dropped of the scope at a local dealer whom sendt it to the import company.

14. Oct 2023:
I contacted the deal and the import company all whom are very good to react and call back, but unfortunately with no news on my scope.
Non of them gets updated on anything from the Leupold partner in Europe.

9. Dec 2023:
Still no news on my scope.

I know it may be a long shot, but I hoped that someone has experience with Leupold Warranty claims in Europe or even better a way to get in touch with the Leupold partner in Europe since the website only refers me to the import company.

Is the waiting time on warranty claims also this long in the US?

I have no idea about Leupold warranty in Europe but I don’t see why Leupold wouldn’t be able to give you info if you called them with your serial number. They should be able to tell you if they’ve received it and where in the process it is.

My recommendation for the future would be to stick to manufacturers that don’t have to leave the continent for service.

Reactions: Thorbear
Thanks for the advice! ☺️
I think I’ll stick with American or Japan optics. I believe it would be an unnecessarily expensive journey to invest in European brands in my opinion. 😅

I am only able to get the number for the import company in Denmark. As far as I understood Leupold has a service center in Europe that takes care of warranty claims but end customers isn’t able to contact them.

Your scope is likely going through the mail to Leupold in Oregon I don't think there is a Euro service facility. Might be worth it to try calling Leupold USA and get a real person on the phone to look up your name and serial number. If it was an older scope they might just give you a $$$ credit or exchange it rather than fix it.

Reactions: Thorbear
Your scope is likely going through the mail to Leupold in Oregon I don't think there is a Euro service facility. Might be worth it to try calling Leupold USA and get a real person on the phone to look up your name and serial number. If it was an older scope they might just give you a $$$ credit or exchange it rather than fix it.
You might be right. I’ll try to call them next week.
I do believe it is a discontinued model. It’s a vx-R 3-9x50. I just hope they will make a decision soon then. 😄