• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Warranty Service

CavReconScout

Gunny Segeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2013
    Illinois
    I just received my Leupold Mk4 (M151) spotter back from a warranty repair and I have to give them a shout out. The spotter was repaired in 1/2 the time of their estimate, and they went through everything inside and out. This old girl was no safe queen, and it has seen hard use. They cleaned it up, fixed the canted reticle, cleaned the dust out of the lens, and sent it back. I bought this used surplus in a group buy, and they still replaced the mangled objective ring, cleaned up most of the battle scars, and included two different service repair sheets of the work they performed. I know Leupold gets no love on this forum, but they went above and beyond what I had hoped for with this repair. Thanks Leupold!
    5ED529F1-E07A-4B44-AF9B-DE41359BB50B.jpeg

Reactions: 45.308
    I totally agree about their service. I had a variable power I bought from another person and could not get it to adjust. Sent it back to Leupold and fot it back in just over a week. Adjustment screws removed and replaced. Cleaned up and sent back. Worked perfectly after that.

I just received my Leupold Mk4 (M151) spotter back from a warranty repair and I have to give them a shout out. The spotter was repaired in 1/2 the time of their estimate, and they went through everything inside and out. This old girl was no safe queen, and it has seen hard use. They cleaned it up, fixed the canted reticle, cleaned the dust out of the lens, and sent it back. I bought this used surplus in a group buy, and they still replaced the mangled objective ring, cleaned up most of the battle scars, and included two different service repair sheets of the work they performed. I know Leupold gets no love on this forum, but they went above and beyond what I had hoped for with this repair. Thanks Leupold!

Did you pay them for the work or was it free/under warranty?

I recently sent back a scope I've had a little more than 25 years, was my first "tactical" scope but lost parallax and I couldn't bring myself to part with it because my dad gave it to me so it sat in the safe forever. Sent them an email this spring to see if they'd look at it, sent it in and they got it rocking again no questions asked. 2.2 actually shot with that scope this weekend in his first comp.

What type of group buy? I've been looking for a spotting scope.

I just called them today about a Delta point pro i had purchased second hand. I described my issue, was told that it would be no problem and to send it in. If their repair department is a good as their customer service I am sure I will be happy. That said I was 51st in line on the call back list. 3 1/2 hours later they did in fact call me back...glad i didn't wait on hold

I se t an Mk6 1-6 that had a stripped set screw on a turret. Gun was already zeroed, so I just left it and abused the hell out of that gun for a few years. Finally sent it in and had it back really fast. Don’t recall how long though.

Came back with a clean bill of health and that they fixed more issues than the set screw. Didn’t even know there was other things wrong with it. They really went over it with a fine tooth comb

I only buy leupold because of their service and quality. That being said Ive never had any issues with their optics, even the least expensive leupold on my Ruger 22 mag. in another discipline(sporting clays) I would say CZ has excellent customer service as well, selector switch for the barrels would work and they had my gun back to me in two weeks. You dont see many CZ rifles out in the wild even though they are good shooters.

Reactions: Pvt. Joker
    Good to hear. From the few occurrences dealing with Leupold same results as you. Not sure why Leupold gets no love on here. I was in the retail business for 17 years and had very few Leupold returns or customer complaints especially compared to the other guys that was almost a weekly occurrence.

Reactions: 3.oh.Hate
    Because of their warranty and excellent customer service, I'll not buy anything else. I'm sure there are scopes that are better but at my level the Leupolds get my vote.
    You dont have to be the original owner either.
    Years ago I got a killer deal on a target scope 6-24x40, high turrets etc. It was great on my Savage FP10 .223 Tactical. It started to seem the crosshairs were off, it could have been old eyes or so I thought. I sent it back to them. I received it back in about 2 weeks completely refurbished like new. It came with a work sheet of the work performed and needless to say it worked better than when I bought it used.
    That sold me on Leupold products.