• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Level Moves as Trigger Brakes

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
So I just switched to a send it level and immediate noticed that once the trigger broke (dry fire) the off center light would flash (blue) but go back to centered green.
Is this something that i should be concerned about that the rifle is canting during firing? I have not had a chance to try this in a live fire practice.

Does the reticle start to move around as you start the trigger press or jump off a SMALL target as the firing pin falls? I’d guess the electronics are just reacting to the snap but it’s possible your trigger finger/hand or body alignment (NPA) need some work.

Does the reticle start to move around as you start the trigger press or jump off a SMALL target as the firing pin falls? I’d guess the electronics are just reacting to the snap but it’s possible your trigger finger/hand or body alignment (NPA) need some work.
In all honesty, not that I can see or tell.
It definitely could be a NPA needing work. Now that I think about it, I may try this prone on a locked bipod, i think this would tell me its either the electronics picking up the snap or me moving the gun.

I haven’t used one of those levels so I don’t know how sensitive they are but I would guess that if you aren’t seeing motion in the dry fire then it’s the electronics reacting to the firing pin.

If you can set the gun on the bench on its bipod and with it level, just pinch the trigger against the rear trigger guard you ought to be able to drop the firing pin with essentially no motion.

And just the fact that we are talking about it at this level of minutia means it’s probably not a major factor in your shooting (being canted makes a bigger difference at farther distances and a barely perceptible perturbation from level isn’t enough to show up on a long distance shot considering all the other factors like wind and mirage and target size).

I haven’t used one of those levels so I don’t know how sensitive they are but I would guess that if you aren’t seeing motion in the dry fire then it’s the electronics reacting to the firing pin.

If you can set the gun on the bench on its bipod and with it level, just pinch the trigger against the rear trigger guard you ought to be able to drop the firing pin with essentially no motion.

And just the fact that we are talking about it at this level of minutia means it’s probably not a major factor in your shooting (being canted makes a bigger difference at farther distances and a barely perceptible perturbation from level isn’t enough to show up on a long distance shot considering all the other factors like wind and mirage and target size).
Very good point. My initial thought was it should not matter but it was something i noticed and started to question. I figured I would lean on people who are more experienced to tell me I am being paranoid haha.

For what it’s worth, mine blinks too. I’m a very new prs shooter so I couldn’t tell you for sure I’m not moving…

So I just switched to a send it level and immediate noticed that once the trigger broke (dry fire) the off center light would flash (blue) but go back to centered green.
Is this something that i should be concerned about that the rifle is canting during firing? I have not had a chance to try this in a live fire practice.
It is very sensitive so you may need to adjust it to different setting

Reactions: warnera1102