• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Level problem

Smoov82

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
Villa Grove IL
New to precision shooting. Bought us optic anti cant bubble level swivel version. Had wheeler bubbles (2) on rifle and scope with the uso on rifle. Torqued it a little less than what instructions called for. Bubble is a little off. Did I do something wrong?

Yes, dont use rail mounted levels, if you must use one, which is highly debatable to begin with, always use a scope tube level which can be set properlyto the fall of gravity.

This way you can match the level to the rericle, to gravity.

Ten4!

I was obviously steered in the wrong direction. Definitely will be buying Vortex Low pro.

Thanks

@Lowlight gave me some advice in the class that was great. My AMG was off a bit off (looked right on the bubble, but my eye could detect the cant). If you’re mounting on pic rails, get a feeler gauge between the pic and the flat part under the turrets. Mess around with the blades and the cant until you feel the same resistance as you move them around. It solved my problem.

When I set up my 300 Norma, I got a Spuhr mount with the built-in leveler. It works, but it’s expensive. Both methods will solve the problem.