• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEVERevolution For 6mm Gay Tiger?

YerrowSniper

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2020
    As you all know we are in a powder penury…
    I happen to have a jug of LEVERevolution, per Hornady it can be used for heavier 6mm ARC projectiles.

I current run my 109gr 6 Gay Tigers at 2950.
    Has anyone had any experience with LEVERevolution with 6mm GT?

I would hate to hurt my Tigers feelings…

Burn rate chart. How close is it to what you currently use. Just a quick reference, will still need some due diligence
    3A8F6996-1746-4F2D-BC07-09C04935C8C7.jpeg

Never reloaded 6GT, I’m pretty sure there is a thread on it around here though. I’d never assume it was close enough in my opinion. Hodgdon even says the powder is limited in what it was designed to do. Could it be done?, sure, should it be done is another animal

haven't 6gt but i did 243 and 6br with lvr

lvr shines where case capacity is 100%

if it's all ya got then no worries. you can find a load.. but i'd not personally

Reactions: YerrowSniper
    I bet it would work pretty well, falls right between the Varget and H4350 burn rates that the GT likes. You'd just have to try it out and see if you find a good load, Hodgdon has load data for CFE223 (LVR is very similar), so I'd use that to figure out a starting load and work up. I use LVR in my ARC, but haven't tried it in my GT yet.

Reactions: YerrowSniper
    I bet it would work pretty well, falls right between the Varget and H4350 burn rates that the GT likes. You'd just have to try it out and see if you find a good load, Hodgdon has load data for CFE223 (LVR is very similar), so I'd use that to figure out a starting load and work up. I use LVR in my ARC, but haven't tried it in my GT yet.
    Yup! That’s why I got the LVR, for the ARC, but since I am mainly playing with my GT, I’d thought it would be a good? Idea.
    I also have some CFE223, maybe experiment with that too?

Yup! That’s why I got the LVR, for the ARC, but since I am mainly playing with my GT, I’d thought it would be a good? Idea.
    I also have some CFE223, maybe experiment with that too?
    How did this turn out for you? I am about to be in the same boat.