• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lex Talus Field firing solutions Software

smokejumper1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2011
MN/Montana
I have been checking out portable ballistic software.. My nephew is in 75th rangers/ He went to Todd Hodnet's school and swears by Atrag.. Talus's software at least at first blush seems more complete...My shooting starts at 1000 yds so if I am going to pop for software it had better save me ammo..It appears neither has discounts or coupons....Any feedback out there ?

Re: Lex Talus Field firing solutions Software

Great stuff. That is what we use. Trimble Nomad and Recon, Vectronics PLRF 25C rangefinder, Kestral 4500/Bluetooth and it works great. Expensive but well worth it.

Re: Lex Talus Field firing solutions Software

FFS is a much better program all around then ATRAG, they just don't have the Sale Staff to push it as hard as Horus does.

We have the SH XLR Course at Gunsite happening next week to include a day on FFS with the staff of Gunsite who use FFS themselves. The program allows for first round hits beyond 1500m with excellent accuracy, but is limited to the shooter's command of the variables and how he inputs those. Once trued it's top notch.

With any program there are no free rides and garbage in equals garbage out.

But FFS gives you a robust set of tools.