• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up lexington, kentucky?

Re: lexington, kentucky?

I'm in louisville. we've met at KCR. any good shooting out your way?

Which are of the lake? I am in Jamestown about once a month. Grew up in Frankfort, UK grad, worked in Louisville.

Grew up in Lexington, moved to NC and now I am back in Louisville. Post me if you are putting a shoot together. Prefer outdoor to indoor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shulette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which are of the lake? I am in Jamestown about once a month. Grew up in Frankfort, UK grad, worked in Louisville. </div></div>

Shulette,

Work for Jamestown PD and live in Russell Springs. Look me up, ain't hard to find. Send me a PM or email at [email protected] when you come thru.

I used to live in lexington for school...

Now I'm back to where I was born/raised.... In Dry Ridge (45min north of Lex on 75) Still make it down there quite often to see friends and chase girls.

Give me a shout if you guys get into anything; I'd be down.

I was at your Club for a Beer Bash around '83! A Great Time!
A good friend of the Dunaways.

GripItRight

LEX, Blue Grass Airport since 1982! Still in LEX and shooting at ACSC.

Capital City over here. Born and raised in Frankfort. Moved to Lawrenceburg when I got married and couldn't stand more than 2 years of it. Back on the farm in Frankfort now.

btt

actually i subscribed because i forgot i started this thread

thought I'd bring this back up. I'm in Louisville and have access to some of the family's land in central KY. Should be able to shoot 1K there.

I haven't shot past 500 and could use some help/instruction out further. anybody interested in possibly putting something together this spring or summer shoot me a PM.

thanks,
LM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought I'd bring this back up. I'm in Louisville and have access to some of the family's land in central KY. Should be able to shoot 1K there.

I haven't shot past 500 and could use some help/instruction out further. anybody interested in possibly putting something together this spring or summer shoot me a PM.

thanks,
LM </div></div>

LM,

I just moved from NC to Louisville, KY. Had lots of places to shoot in NC, but have yet to find much here. I am going to try and go to the AR15.com shoot on May 30 and the HKpro.com shoot on May 16. Should be able to get to know several folks by then. Can't help you much with shooting >300 yards, but am interested in learning.

There is a machine gun shoot on May 16th (this event is full and by invitation only I was told). Ill be there for that. But there will be more as the weather gets better and more predictable.

I think we should try and organize a LR day here on my land. I have targets set up from 200-400 and 600. still working on the 1000 yard shot but hope to have it done soon.

PM me if interested.

Danville Ky here. We have a very nice 300 yard range. I have access to 700-800 yard range and a 2000 yard range (on a small mountain) that you can play God on for coyote's, crows or set up targets. The 2000 yard shots are on a farm in Marion county...SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a machine gun shoot on May 16th (this event is full and by invitation only I was told). Ill be there for that. But there will be more as the weather gets better and more predictable.

I think we should try and organize a LR day here on my land. I have targets set up from 200-400 and 600. still working on the 1000 yard shot but hope to have it done soon.

PM me if interested. </div></div>

PM sent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Danville Ky here. We have a very nice 300 yard range. I have access to 700-800 yard range and a 2000 yard range (on a small mountain) that you can play God on for coyote's, crows or set up targets. The 2000 yard shots are on a farm in Marion county...SmokeRolls </div></div>

I just PM'd KYShooter 338. We will have to put something together. I am going on an HKPro.com shoot this weekend and to Knob Creek on the 30th. I think these events will be well attended. I am doing it to meet some of the local shooters. I usually like smaller #'s when shooting in groups until I know everyone.

Grew up in Paris, but moved to FL in '98. My parents still live in Bourbon County. I'll be working the show in Sept at Rupp. My parents have some land to shoot, but nothing over a couple hundred yards. Anywhere good to shoot past 500 close to Lex Vegas?

Moving from Cincinnati to Sadieville(just north of Lexington) but grew up in Bracken County. I would be interested to know of any ranges located close/around Lexington.

There is a 600y range that I am a member of in Cincinnati, but I do not know of any ranges in Kentucky as of yet.

Let me know.

Good morning, Rascaldog. I grew up in Harlan but now live in Jacksonville, AL

I live in Lexington, have some farm land. can get 600 yards easy....

kyshooter338 : Let me know when you want to shoot in the near future .I'm game. Still on your honeymoon?... Just kidding...Just love her like crazy and you will do well......SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyreloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moving from Cincinnati to Sadieville(just north of Lexington) but grew up in Bracken County. I would be interested to know of any ranges located close/around Lexington.

There is a 600y range that I am a member of in Cincinnati, but I do not know of any ranges in Kentucky as of yet.

Let me know. </div></div>

There is the BGSL (Bluegrass Sportsmans League) which has a 300 yard rifle range, pistol range, pits, Traps, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Archery, Black Powder. It's in Jessamine County (just south of Lexington).

You can find them at BGSLINC.com

I'm in Lexington now, by way of Ashland and Olive Hill. During the school year I'm in Lex, otherwise I'm in one of the others.

I'd be interested in linking up at some point.

I haven't done any long range shooting but I'm definitely interested in learning. I'm going to try to start shooting Service Rifle with a couple guys from ROTC in the spring.

ELeaf and I are gonna try to go shooting one day next week, probably pistol and rimfire.

Anyone interested in joining us? We'll be out at the Bluegrass Sportsmen's League.

Jeb

Owensboro here. Knob creek 2X/year except when it flooded two years ago.

I do thunder, derby, and the Lake Cumberland poker run for the boat people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Owensboro here. Knob creek 2X/year except when it flooded two years ago.

I do thunder, derby, and the Lake Cumberland poker run for the boat people. </div></div>

Maybe we should all get together for the KNOB Creek shoot? What are the dates?

I usually only go saterday for gun show and night shoot but this year my daughter is wanting to do the jungle walk.

I always laugh at how many rounds it takes them to hit a target. I can hit anything out there with my first shot from one of my bolt guns... I guess most of their barrels are burnt out. I had a guy give me a trash bag of brass last fall. There was not a single piece of brass that did not have a split neck or shoulder. He said he spent $18,000 on ammo over the weekend

I will be at the Knob Creek shoot this year. I am in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. If anyone wants to get together to shoot that is in reasonable driving distance....PM me.

Not many good ranges around here and I have not found anyone really into shooting other than the 5 round a year deer hunters.

Will be at Knob Creek Machine gun shoot on friday ( The first day.) I may do the jungle walk..... Pm if you want to meet me there on Friday.....If weather is sucky on Friday, I will go Sat.
...............SmokeRolls

Scott Mountain Range, Ft. Knox. 1000 yard KD Range, bermed every 100 yards to the 600 yd. line, CMP and NRA sanctioned matches.

Little bit of a pain right now dealing with Physical Security but still an absolutely GREAT range with a greater group of guys!
I personally invite you all to come and shoot with us! Call if you have any questions.

Range Dates:
June 3 (80 shot Across the Course)
June 12th - 13th Long Range

July 8 EIC Match
July 17th - 18th Long Range

Sept 2 (80 shot Across the Course State Championship)
Sept 11 - 12th Long Range

www.kysrpa.org this site will give you roster info and pictures of the range. YOU MUST BE REGISTERED IN ADVANCE!

Tim Heady OIC/RSO 270-401-6677

Im up for any long range we can get on during september month and early october.