• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LF Feedback-Blaser Tactical 2

wallbanger

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2005
In the bush.
Anyone wanna give feed back on one of these? Also feel free to PM me on where to get the best deal. Looking for someone. Thanks fellas.

Re: LF Feedback-Blaser Tactical 2

Got lots of experience with the LRS2 in .308 and 6BR, and have a Tactical2 .338LM on the way, I will keep you posted when I get my hands on it!
smile.gif

I've fire one. I wasn't impressed. The stock adjustments rattled a bit- seemed to be that there was too much stuff to adjust and that wasn't necessary. Maybe I'm just too traditional. Trigger was kind of odd too. I'll stick to my GAP. YMMV.

I had an LRS2 in 308, it was an accurate weapon, however I have to agree with bvt there is something odd about the ergonomics of it.

I never got comfortable with it, especially the trigger.

See if you can't snuggle up to one before you take it home.

good luck

Best tactical rifle in the world IMHO. The question is, how are you going to use it?

I cleaned one once
smile.gif
I didn't shoot it but while cleaning it I spent some time with the muzzle brake and I think it's identical to a Sako/Tikka brake. I didn't have a Sako or Tikka on hand to compare it to but I did have price books. The Sako muzzle brake is a lot less expensive FWIW.

Wow! I thought the trigger is the best part. The trigger is fully adjustable, and one of the best I have felt. Mine brake at 2.5lbs everytime with no creep. If you lock your cheek piece where you want it and your butt pad where you want it they don't move. I never had anything rattle.

My only gripe would be the monopod is kinda worthless, unless you have sometime on your hands. The parts are expensive. If you have a R93 and not a tactical your stuck with their rings and base.
If your getting a 338 lapua, there is no difference from the old r93 and tactical they produce now. They have always had picatiny bases on the 338 lapua and always had a bigger action.

For a hunting rig the R93 bone stock is really a killer setup, especially if you can find one on the used market.

All this being said and I would still take a Gap over a lrs2 and tactical. I would not pay full price for one, because you could get a AW, or two gaps. A custom will do the same or better.

Everyone I own was either used or new used and for the price could not be beat. I would not pay $6,000.00.

My .02

Here is an R93 Match version, with the LRS barrel in 223Rem and a Leupold 6x42mm Premier Mil-dot scope and the stock has been DuraCoated.

BlaserACU002.jpg

My dept has a couple and I had the option of using one. I went with a 700P instead since I was more familiar with those and, more importantly, it was wearing a much better scope. The trigger on the Blaser was very good but the non-traditional feel turned me off. Granted I didn't take the time to full adjust it to me so it might have felt better with some work. It also it a pretty tall rig. Very fast for follow-up shots. The other rifle guy uses one and likes it. I'm told they have had issues with failures to fire if the bolt is worked slowly (ie, eased home). They do shoot very well.

Matt284, the issues with failure to fire is because the shooter does not fully close the bolt, it has a slight bit of resistance at the very end of the closing motion when the collets are locking into place. If you use neck sized only ammo, or improperly resized reloads it will also be hard to close the bolt on and Blaser. The reason is the chambers are all cut to minimum SAMI specifications.

Currently shooting a T-2 in .338 Lapua with Nightforce 12-42/CH-2.
Working up 300 MK loads, seems to group fine with factory 250's.
No complaints with trigger, stock ergos were a bit awkward at first, but have adapted quickly.

(Any ,favorite load data would be appreciated)

Early1 ,

I was just wondering if you were able to ever get a good load worked up for the 300 MK. Do you have a load already worked up for the 250 MK or you shooting factory ammo? I ordered some ammo from a custom ammo maker out of Nebraska that advertise around 2840 FPS. The rounds are accurate around 1/2 MOA at 600. But none of my drop charts were working out to well so I decided to check velocity.The velocity through my chronograph was only 2700 max. Help I need a good load and quick.

I only got mine for a week now but so far 91.5 of H-1000, CCI 250 and 300gr MK moly coated seems to work well. I went to 92.5 of H-1000 without any signs of pressure...

Do you have any idea on velocity yet? Where did you get your dies from I'm still looking for dies as well.
Did you buy it new from Sig arms?
If so did it come with a muzzle brake already installed. Reason I asked is because I ordered mine new three months ago and was told it would be shipped complete with the muzzle brake and all installed. But when it arrived still no muzzle brake and I call at least three times a week with the same old lies.

7mmstwuser:

The delays in parts and rifles is the reason Blaser split off from Sig. The LRS series of rifles are still being handled by Sig (sorry) but all others are under Blaser-USA.

Wish I could offer more help.

Thanks, I've actually now working with Blaser out of San Antonio now and they are trying to locate one for me and they started calling Sig for me I'm really impress that they would do that for me. Sig's customer service sucks.I haven't gotten a straight answer since I ordered the gun from Sig in the whole three months I've been dealing with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmstwuser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any idea on velocity yet? Where did you get your dies from I'm still looking for dies as well.
Did you buy it new from Sig arms?
If so did it come with a muzzle brake already installed. Reason I asked is because I ordered mine new three months ago and was told it would be shipped complete with the muzzle brake and all installed. But when it arrived still no muzzle brake and I call at least three times a week with the same old lies. </div></div>

I'm at 2650fps, I bought the dies from Sinclair and the rifle was bought used (only 8 rounds fired) on gunbroker.com

I don't have much trigger time on mine, partly due to not ( often enough )being able to get to a range with enough distance to make it worth while to shoot it, the other is the cost of the 338 Lapua ammo
cry.gif

The few time's that I have shot it, it has been very accurate.
I am right handed but went with a left handed bolt so as to keep my right hand in place while chambering another round.
The expanding bolt has give me pause to thought a few times though, wandering what would have to slip for the expanding bolt to come flying back at me
confused.gif

Riga
DSC_0080.jpg

My friend has an LRS-2 with both .308 and .300WM barrels. It is a nice gun and shoots very well. The trigger feels good, but he's had a couple of small problems with it including one slam fire. Never could duplicate it, but had Sig look at it none the less.

Don't worry about the bolt. While the straight pull design is unusual, the collet is designed to increase tension as pressure increases.

My only complaint about the gun is its' weight. It's light. Great for humping it around all day, but a little light for heavy calibers. The .308 is fine without the break, but the .300 needs it IMO. Feels just a bit stronger then the 308 without a break. Kind of like a 30-06. I can't imagine how well it would tame the .338.

I had one before in .308!The action is very smooth and shoot very well!
Also had few time of slam fire as well!!

Hi All

I was very glad to have found this discussion on the Blaser Tactical 2 in 338 Lapua.

This rifle showed up just after the 2009 shot show. After playing with it at the show I made the discussion to purchase one in 338 Lapua.

My scope of choice was the NightForce 8 * 32 *56.

While working up loads for the Rifle I discovered the 338 likes heavy Bullets at long Ranges. I am shooting the 300gr Sierra HPBT with nice results at 1000 yards.

While I am not a fan of using a Bipod especially the S model at this range it does work but not consistently.

100 yard groups are .40 MOA and they stay that way all the way out to 575. with the 250 Gr Bullet.

Past this range I find I need the heavier 300 Gr Bullet to keep me within under 1 MOA grouping.

The Barrel does tend to loosen up after 50 shots so make sure you keep the tightening tool around. After all it is designed for you to take it apart.

The stock and all it's adjustment really does spoil you. But there is a negative in 338 lapua the gun is very light and recoil enough that you can't watch your bullet impact down range.

Trigger pull according to the Lyman gauge is set for 2.2 lbs and it breaks very clean.

If anyone has any more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Ian

Hi. I purchased a Blaser Tactical 2 in 338 early this winter in Northern Canada. After shooting it 30 rounds I did a Bore Scope inspection on the barrel to see where I was laying down copper but to my horror I found that the crown had been damaged significantly during manufacturing process. (The edges of the lands had been rolled over into the grooves somehow.) I then took the gun back to the vendor and after several weeks Blaser finally got back to them that they would replace the barrel with a new one. After several months the "New" barrel came in and I immediately inspected it and found that Blaser had sent me a used barrel that had the chamber reamed 4000 longer but the barrel was full of copper. Obviously this was a used barrel so I sent the rifle back for a refund. Have you heard of anyone having any trouble with Blaser like this? They have not yet returned any of my emails regarding this issue.

Within the last 2 weeks I was able to figure out the perfect loads for my Tactical 2.

My Groups at 100 yard are now one hole groups and total MOA is under 1/4 MOA.

300 Gr Sierra sitting 25 thousands off the lands seems to be the ticket.

The Blaser has turned out to be one very fine rifle I am pleased to report.

Added 7/22/09

The load from above was now chronographed and velocity was 2700 fps. This 300 Sierra HPBT at 300 yards still grouped at 1/4 MOA.

565 nails a 4" swinger
1012 nails a 6" swinger.

The 338 Lapua is turning into one of my favorite long Range high energy rounds.

Ian

I am in the process of purchasing on in 338 Lapua, I just wanted to ask someonw who has been shooting that I am not making a mistake with this gun as this is one expensive firearm. Any other feedback would be appreciated

A

The 338 lapua is an excellent round but expensive to shoot. Reloading for the 338 Lapua really pays. The Blaser Tactical 2 is also an Excellent rifle. But inspect the throat area with a borescope before the purchase as I have seen 3 - Blaser Tactical 2 - 338 barrels that had damage from the manufactoring process.

Hi there, what kind of groups were you getting with the factory Lapua 250 SCENAR.

I just bought one in 338 Lpaua and have not even fired it yet. Trying to get as much infoamtion as possible for preparing a ballistics chart

thanks AJ

Gentlemen, I am new on this forum and I am from Europe. I have a Blaser Tactical 2 in .338 LM and it does horrible groups with the Scenar 250 grs from 100 to 500 m. From 550 to 850 (maximum I went for the moment)it is OK.

I am talking about wide groups of 1.5 to 2 MOA and some strange sudden shifts in POI after 3 to 4 shots in medium rapid sequence of 1 minute between shots. I still own a SIG SHR MATCH and a SSG 3000, both in .308, all shot with factory loads from Lapua with exceptional results. Also, most often I shoot B&T APR in .338 with again exceptional results.

Blaser could not advise and their test target looks OK with the same ammo. Lapua advised to try the Scenar 300 grs and I will do soon. Could anyone help to understand the issue? Where I come from it is excluded to discuss about reloading, I have to stick to factory loads. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyjets</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hi All

I was very glad to have found this discussion on the Blaser Tactical 2 in 338 Lapua.

This rifle showed up just after the 2009 shot show. After playing with it at the show I made the discussion to purchase one in 338 Lapua.

My scope of choice was the NightForce 8 * 32 *56.

While working up loads for the Rifle I discovered the 338 likes heavy Bullets at long Ranges. I am shooting the 300gr Sierra HPBT with nice results at 1000 yards.

While I am not a fan of using a Bipod especially the S model at this range it does work but not consistently.

100 yard groups are .40 MOA and they stay that way all the way out to 575. with the 250 Gr Bullet.

Past this range I find I need the heavier 300 Gr Bullet to keep me within under 1 MOA grouping.

The Barrel does tend to loosen up after 50 shots so make sure you keep the tightening tool around. After all it is designed for you to take it apart.

The stock and all it's adjustment really does spoil you. But there is a negative in 338 lapua the gun is very light and recoil enough that you can't watch your bullet impact down range.

Trigger pull according to the Lyman gauge is set for 2.2 lbs and it breaks very clean.

If anyone has any more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Ian

</div></div>i have just picked up my blaser tac 2 in 338 laupa. i have factory loads coming in to break the barrel in but then i am going to have some reloads done up. could you give me any info you have for loads you use. is there anything else you can tell me that mite help me in the future with this weapon. i really love how in feels so far(in my basement) i will start barrel break in this week i hope. thanks for your help

Update

Lapua Brass
Lapua 300gr Senar
Vit N170 powder 88.4 gr
Fed Mag Rifle primer
COAL 3.709

1/4 MOA all day long

Ian

My department did a demo on a Tactical 2.

I was not impressed at all. In the .308 range the AE MkII is a much better option.

I don't have any experience with the .338LM version, but the Collette type bolt would give me pause with that cartridge.

I am not extremely familiar with the safety systems, so I do not know if there is a mechanism to prevent firing in the event the bolt does not fully lock.

flyjets,

Thanks for the Blaser Tactical 2 338 Lapua Magnum 300 gr load.

Has the same load withstood the test of time? Have you made any changes to your 300 gr load? I was pleased to find a proven 300 gr load since I thought that 300 gr bullets were not optimal in this 1:10 twist rifle. I will test this load soon.

Any optimal 250 gr loads for the Blaser Tactical 2 rifle?

Thanks again,

Rich

We just started playing with one. Shot it the first time a few days ago. I'm not going to set here and tell you it's the greatest. I've only got 24 rounds through ours. In 308. We got it on paper.

My rings are too low, so I can't get proper eye relief. I don't have a bi-pod attachment yet, so I can't properly "load" it. But my test groups were in the same range as John Mcquay at 8541. Very right. Not bad for a rifle shooting handloads made for something else and all the above config issues.

The action is slick as snot. The factory trigger is outstanding. I like the fact it's not heavy. Which was a surprise since when I first saw one years ago, I called it a heavy pig. I do hump all my gear. And I've humped some heavy rifles. This thing is not heavy. It's not as. svelte as it's R8 hunting cousin. But they are made for different missions.

The parts are stupid expensive. And I mean stupid. 200+ for a magazine to start. Wow!

We got our from a shop that didn't know what they had. Been setting in their forget about me case for years. The downside was this one had a broken firing pin. Personally, I blame the dealer. Who knows what monkey over the years did what to it? My partner suspects I broke it dry firing it. I'm an avid dry fire acolyte. Time will tell.

It has serious potential. But I'll need to get 500 rounds through it this year before passing an official judgement.

I was able to replicate 8541 Tactical's feed lip issue. But for me, it was much harder. Very much so. Makes me Wonder if his feed. Lips were out of spec? If not, looking at the mag, I should be able to modify to solve this problem. if it shows up.

Ill keep you posted.

Marky