• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LGS supply prices?

jwp6114

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Newnan, GA
Just wondering what others are seeing in local gun shops as far as prices on reloading supplies. The local shop near me seems to have a tad high prices but when things seem to be non-available he magically gets some of the popular unicorns. He charges 28.99+ tax for 1lb of powder, $189.99 for 8lb jugs, and match primers are 49.99/1000. He is only 2-3$ over internet prices on bullets (most of the time) Obviously I don't have to pay shipping and he's 4 miles from my house...

I'm sure some places have it worse, and some have it better. How are your experiences with local shops and reloading supplies.

Last edited:
They are fairly high since they are the only one within a hour and forty-five minute drive that I know of. I usually but powder there since the price is about the same by time you figure in hazmat shipping.

Powder is about $28 per pound
CCI or Winchester primers are $38.99/1000 but they hardly ever have them in stock
Bullets are $40 per 100 on Sierra match kings

I think those are about typical for LGS prices for reloading components today. If I had a LGS that had what I wanted at those prices, I'd have no problem paying for it. Especially if it's a decent shop and I'm supporting him.