• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lh rifle benefits???

clarkarchery

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
Adkins, TX
Ok I have been shooting my whole life(shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols, ar ect) so I am not new to shooting. But I looking into long range and tac. matches for the first time and I have a couple questions. I am left handed and shoot lefty but I have been shooting right handed guns my whole life just because it has been what was available. What are the benefits of a left handed gun.

Re: lh rifle benefits???

The ability to properly function the rife.... thats a pretty good one.

Can you shoot a RH rifle left handed, for sure, but you will be sacrificing some operational fundamentals.

As a fellow lefty, I can't imagine EVER going back to a right handed rifle again!

This is really a question only you can answer as the benefits are extremely obvious for you.

Being a left handed person... Do you want a rifle that was designed specifically for left handed people? If so... Buy it. If not... Keep shooting your right handed rifles like you always have.

Was in the same boat as you. Over 50 years before I went LH semi-custom. Took some getting used to.....about 2 weeks. Always been semi switch handed. Delicate stuff lefty, strength stuff right. Smoothed right into the LH game, tho. Won't go back if at all possible. Still have righties and still shoot em and cycle em pretty well (that many years don't wear off easily),but if I build or can buy, it'll be a lefty. Ya just gotta put the shoes on and walk in em for a while. It won't hurt ya. Good luck.

^^^^^^
This...

I actually prefer right handed rifles as long as the cheek rest is comfortable. (I like working the bolt with my right hand). For ARs, I have both but I prefer my lefty

I have two lefty bolt action rifles and a lefty AR coming soon. I spent the first 15 years of my shooting using right handed rifles until a few years ago when I got my first lefty. Can you get by shooting right handed rifles? Sure. Is shooting a lefty rifle more comfortable and easier? Yes it is. To me, it came down to the fact that I can cycle my bolt and get a shot off much faster using a lefty rifle offhand than using a righty, and being a hunter as well as a target shooter, this mattered a lot. If you're a lefty I strongly suggest getting a lefty rifle.