• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Liberty Pandora Suppressor System

RedGoat

3.14=PI.E
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Was originally looking to get a TBAC 30P-1 / 30BA, but started looking at the Pandora system. With its square bore portal and 32db of sound suppression it's hard not to consider. 30P-1 is one inch shorter, but cost $1245 for the can + muzzle brake, the Pandora cost $995 for can + muzzle brake. Does anyone have experience with both and can offer an objective opinion?

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

Re: Liberty Pandora Suppressor System

Here are links to both the systems:

Pandora Rifle Suppressor System

Thunder Beast Arms 30BA

The reason I'm asking is because I haven't heard much about the Pandora, and wanted to get some input before committing funds. Everyone knows the TBAC is great suppressor, but Liberty looks like they have a nice package at a competitive price.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

No experience with the Liberty, reviews of it on silencerresearch.com show it is more expensive, longer, heavier, than the AAC 7.62SD silencer which is slightly louder but not enough that the human ear could hear the difference, and the AAC product can handle full auto fire and abuse from short barrels. What is the point in building from TI unless you are saving weight like the Thunderbeast does?

Watching the video on that site the Liberty silencer had lots of crap blowing out the shooter side of the mount.

Shot my Liberty Freedom can this weekend along side a Thunderbeast 30P-1 at the NRA Whittington Sporting Rifle Match this past weekend. Couldn't tell a damn bit of difference between the two. Liberty Freedom is the standard thread-connect version of the Pandora. Only had a 0.5 MOA downward shift on my 24" rifle from no suppressor to suppressed use with 175 Nosler Comps at 2600, 42.5 Varget, Lapua Brass, WLR primers, 2.82 OAL.

The TBA cans are definitely lighter...about 1 pound versus 1.5 pounds for my Liberty. The monocore in my Liberty can be disassembled for cleaning or replaced by Liberty if I had a baffle strike. Tradeoffs.

I'd prefer the TBA can for the reduced weight. But I got my Liberty for $600 delivered (retail is $830). NFA tax not included, of course. Pretty easy decision. Titsworth shows the Liberty to be alot quieter, dB wise, than the TBA 30P...I couldn't hear any difference between the 30P-1 and my Liberty Freedom with full-power match ammo.

The TBA guys are a great bunch of folks. So are the Liberty guys. This is my second Liberty can, first was a Kodiak TL. Looking hard at a 338 can from TBA when my money tree sprouts some more blooms.

By the way, I'd stick with a single point attachment unless you really need the QD. Cheaper. Simpler. Lighter. More repeatable.

-David
Edgewood, NM

As far as I know John hasn't tested a 30P-1 just the original 30P.

I'm loving my 30BA

Hard to beat the 30P-1 or the 338P-1. I have both and the 338 suppressor from TBAC is outstanding when considering the caliber being fired. You have a lightweight can, recoil reduction, and down to hearing safe levels on a 338.

What's not to like?

Don't think I can help myself. It's going to be a TBAC 30BA. Couldn't pass up the GB. Thanks for the input.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't think I can help myself. It's going to be a TBAC 30BA. Couldn't pass up the GB. Thanks for the input.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat</div></div> EXACTLY - same thing I did and what a great buy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't think I can help myself. It's going to be a TBAC 30BA. Couldn't pass up the GB. Thanks for the input.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat</div></div> EXACTLY - same thing I did and what a great buy!</div></div>

After doing a lot of looking -- I'm not sure if you can find a finer precision bolt action suppressor than what Zak @ TBAC is offering.

Goat