• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Liberty vs.........the rest.

kill_goose

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2010
MT
Ive been reading, and reading, and reading, and than reading some more on the topic of suppressors.

I know one thing for sure, I want direct connect.
I know im strongly leaning towards Titanium.

I had it narrowed down to a TBA 30P-1, or possibly an AAC Cyclone.

The class 3 dealer ive been talking with is really pushing me towards a Liberty Freedom. Checked em out, of course their website makes it sound good. I just dont find many "everyday" guy type reviews on them.

Anybody have experience with them?

Like most, I just want the most "bang" for my buck (pun, never).

This will be for a bolt gun, .260 primarily, maybe another .308 someday.

Re: Liberty vs.........the rest.

shark...
You've gotta have a cold bore shot that is consistent. I've talked with a few guys about the Gemtech sandstorm having a little issue with the cold bore.

I'd say either the 30p-1 or the Shark.

I wouldn't even look at the Liberty Freedom, to heavy, you're looking at 23.5lbs, and long 10", what the hell? The 30p-1 and shark are both lighter, shorter.

Just depends on if you want a take a part can vs a fully welded can.

If cost is the issue then go with the Thunderbeast 30p-1. And it's rated for 300win mag which is a plus.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The class 3 dealer ive been talking with is really pushing me towards a Liberty Freedom. Checked em out, of course their website makes it sound good. I just dont find many "everyday" guy type reviews on them.
</div></div>
hmmm... sdsilencers is it???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
hmmm... sdsilencers is it??? </div></div>

Haha. How'd you know?!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shark...
You've gotta have a cold bore shot that is consistent. I've talked with a few guys about the Gemtech sandstorm having a little issue with the cold bore.

I'd say either the 30p-1 or the Shark.

I wouldn't even look at the Liberty Freedom, to heavy, you're looking at 23.5lbs, and long 10", what the hell? The 30p-1 and shark are both lighter, shorter.

Just depends on if you want a take a part can vs a fully welded can.

If cost is the issue then go with the Thunderbeast 30p-1. And it's rated for 300win mag which is a plus.

xdeano </div></div>

You sure like that Shark.

Tell you what, you get a Shark, and ill give ya a couple hundred for your 762SD.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Haha. How'd you know?!
wink.gif
</div></div>
lucky guess... i've only shot one liberty... they don't sound bad at all, but cant give you much help, because the one i shot was a 223. can.

[/quote]

You sure like that Shark.

Tell you what, you get a Shark, and ill give ya a couple hundred for your 762SD.
wink.gif
[/quote]

Not a chance. I love my 762sd. I'll sell it to you for $875 and I'll buy the new 762sd, with the 51 tooth mounting system, vs the 18 tooth that I have.

For a thread on I can't see you going wrong with the TB, the only thing that i question is what is the blast baffle made of? If it's inconel you'll be fine. If not it won't last quite as long. But I'd say either the of the two you'll be happy.

xdeano

I have right about 1k rounds through my 30P-1 fired from both a 308 and 7WSM and there are no signs of any erosion on the first blast baffle which is made out of titanium. I would be really impressed if someone wears out a centerfire suppressor.

I've shot out a 308 and a 260 and have about 1k 7wsm through the same 30P-1.
The blast baffle looks new. By shooters for shooters. We pull the trigger more than most.

Good to know that the baffles are made of Ti. I'd have no problem pushing a guy in that direction then at all.

I think we figured out what can is right... 30P-1...

my inconel blast baffle looks new also and I have around 2K through it now. I don't see myself burning my can up either and my job is pulling triggers.

xdeano

Bought a 30P-1 not long ago, accuracy has been great, POI shift from unsuppressed is minimal.

I haven't shot the Sandstorm (waited in line for one for a few months, then said "screw it" and bought a 30P. Got the call from my local Class 3 dealer about 3 days before the call from another dealer that the and storms were now back in stock.

This time, a lack of patience served me well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Haha. How'd you know?!
wink.gif
</div></div>

the folks over at SD Silencer push Liberty pretty hard, and although I have never heard one...I have heard how they (SD Silencer) will tell a novice anything they can to make a sale.

Good job for getting more than just a second opinion.

NFAtalk.org

NFAtalk.org.........

Libert Freedom was sound meter at 1?, left and right ear locations at the same time.

So were the Gemtech sanstorm, SAS Arbiter, Thompsonmachine 30 and more....

Results and data can be found......at........NFAtalk.org.

Have a great day.

c_bass, I've heard these same ridiculous claims out of SD Silencer shop at gun shows also. They had a booth at the local shows and they are so full of crap it's just fun to stand back and listen to the crap they are pitching.

Quickdraw, That really is a no brainer. great link.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFAtalk.org

NFAtalk.org.........

Libert Freedom was sound meter at 1?, left and right ear locations at the same time.

Have a great day. </div></div>

Where is your thunderbeast review?

I have recently been doing a lot of research on this same thing. Like many of the other guys have said, go with the Thunderbeast. You will not go wrong. Direct connect, titanium, minimal to no POI shift, good sound suppression . . . what more can you ask for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFAtalk.org

NFAtalk.org.........

Have a great day. </div></div>

Where is your thunderbeast review? </div></div>

They were not present at the Indy Hush Shoot.

I would welcome a chance to meter thier product.

NFAtalk.org welcomes ALL silencer makers and offers them free sub forums if they so choose.

They are also welcome to Form 3 a can to "Front towards enemy Firearms" in Demotte, In for sound testing if they choose.

I had the chance to meet and have dinner with Dave of Liberty suppressors a couple of years ago. Great guy, Good old country boy, I didn't get a chance to hear his new cans, but the ones I did year was impressive. Small mom and pop company back then. If that is important, I would buy from him. Great and quick customer service. Now I also have a older AAC Cyclone. Great can, Has become my go to screw on 30 cal. can, but heavy (older model). I also have a Gemetech Sandstorm, woudd not recommend them. They had a welding problem with end caps. My can's end cap weld broke and had hair line cracks in the end after only about 20-30 shots. They fixed if for free, but I still has to pay the shipping to get it there. They wouldn't even refund me the 30.00. Won't buy another Gemtech can. I also have a 18 tooth AAC 762-sd. Great can. But paying 100.00 per brake to put on multiple rifles sucks. I have more in brakes than in the can. I have a Thunderbeast 338 can. I haven't had a chance to shoot, waiting on my smith to finish the build. But looks very well constructed. I have head very good things from my local dealer(Houston Armory in Houston) on the thunderbeast 30 cal can. They are also very impressed with the Ops Inc 30 cal can they have been testing. I would buy the Cyclone,thunderbeast, or if I could find a dealer that stocked Liberty and not worry about any of them. My next rifle can will probably be a Ops Inc, but they also have a brake system, so I will dedicate it to 1 rifle. The Ops Inc can is a very long can but recesses back over about half the lenght of the can over the barrel. Makes for a very long sound reduction chamber and helps with Point of Shift.