• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Life cycle of Razor Gen 2. Still a good buy?

Helislacker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I know the 2nd Gen Razor has been out for a while, so I’m curious to hear your thoughts. Is it nearing the end of its life cycle? Or still a good buy? I was set on the new 4-20 ATACR for a crossover scope but have realized I’m probably better off with a Razor LHT on my hunting gun, with an HD Gen 2 on my match rifle for about the same price.

Thanks

Well it depends on your use case. For hunting I don't think the HD Gen 2 is ideal since it's heavy. I don't think it's at the end of it's life cycle at all and I still think it's one of the top all-around optics in it's price point.

If you're wanting to save even more, wait until the razor gen III to drop and people will be selling gen II's cheaper than they already are. Ill be getting a gen III or two but I'm not getting rid of my gen II"s because they are still such good scopes.

I dont think they are ending their life cycle.. Great scope for the money. I wouldnt expect much change for a Gen 3, maybe a 7-35 magnification??

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
I dont think they are ending their life cycle.. Great scope for the money. I wouldnt expect much change for a Gen 3, maybe a 7-35 magnification??

No telling. Im hoping for the magnification jump, scope to be black, and maybe a touch of clarity increase. Other than the color of the scope, my only complaint at all with the gen ii is during high mirage days. Its not bad but there are scopes that cut through it a little better. Bottom line, I love my gen II's.

Reactions: JLP.Payette
Good scope, but i would expect them to start losing value around now. Great 1200 buck scope. Its just so damn heavy.

More elevation turret travel would be nice also on the Gen III. The Gen II is a good scope but waiting for the the new model will save some money.

Is there any word on when gen III’s will appear? It has my head been under a rock?

Razor Gen II is still winning PRS/NRL matches all the time. Allison Zane just won the PRS 2-day this past weekend shooting one, so it definitely won't hold you back.

For the price point, it's pretty much impossible to beat.
Yeah, well, I think she'd keep winning with a stock 270 Savage with a Tasco on top. Lol. She's a hell of a competitor!

• Haha
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I’m a newb. But overall my Gen II has served me well. I haven’t felt the need for anything more, but I don’t shoot a mile plus in low light. I’m sure it does fine there too.

Vortex still offers the Razor Gen I and it's a solid option, I don't see the Gen II going away anytime soon. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Gen III. Maybe a Gen IIe where they lighten it up?

Vortex still offers the Razor Gen I and it's a solid option, I don't see the Gen II going away anytime soon. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Gen III. Maybe a Gen IIe where they lighten it up?
The gen III is most definitely coming. They are probably pretty close in finishing it.

Reactions: long range sponge
Its coming. Don't know exactly when but I know it's coming.

I've got 2 gen2 4.5x27s with the 7c reticle. I bought my first G2 when they first came out. Turned into a scope whore for a bit and tried everything under the sun except TT. Ended back up with the 2 razors. I'm looking forward to a new version, but wouldn't hesitate to buy another G2 if I needed a scope.

Reactions: Familydude
If it satisfies all your needs and is at the price point you’re willing to comfortably pay, who else is to determine whether or not it’s at the end of its life cycle? If you’re good with it, do it. I love mine for all the reasons previously stated here.

I spoke to a guy today who said that the Gen 2 Razor is a staple of their lineup and won’t be going anywhere. Made it sound like I shouldn’t expect a Gen 3 soon, but didn’t confirm nor deny. Makes the decision tough

had one for 6 years , and another for 4 years . No issues solid as usual , just got bored and decided to mix it up .
glass is still relevant to this day , turrets are one of the nicest around . Eyebox is super forgiving and reticles are excellent

The Gen II Razor is no better or worse than it was the day it was released. There comes a point where I have to ask, "What more do you want?"
It either fits what you want or it doesn't. I doubt it will get much cheaper. But I don't really know.

The Gen II Razor is no better or worse than it was the day it was released. There comes a point where I have to ask, "What more do you want?"
It either fits what you want or it doesn't. I doubt it will get much cheaper. But I don't really know.
That’s where I’m at .. the gen 2 does everything I need it to do very well not sure what else I need in a scope haha

Its coming. Don't know exactly when but I know it's coming.
IMG_20210305_170729.jpg

• Haha