• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Light bulb for Liberty safe???

Erud

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
"Washington" model. Factory installed lighting, both bulbs have burned out. These bulbs are weird. Cannot find anyone who has anything like them locally. Emails to Liberty have not been returned. Haven't called them yet, but will soon if nobody knows where to find them. I only ever think of this issue at night when I can't see in the safe = after business hours.

Any Liberty owners out there that have replaced them and can you tell me where you found them?

Thanks,
Erik

Re: Light bulb for Liberty safe???

You can install led light kits in your safe and never worry about it again.

Yeah I suppose, but I already have a nice, factory installed system that I'd prefer to make use of....

Picture of the fixture? Better yet the bulbs, out of the fixture.

Likely a microwave hood style light or something.

The factory-installed lights in the Liberty safes sold locally in Carson, NV area are battery-operated stick-on LEDs. I'm curious about the lights in your Liberty Washington and wondering why they used incandescent or fluorescent lighting. LED lighting is the way to go, I added a 5W LED strip light (obtained at Lowe's) and leave it on to chase away the humidity.

My point is that Liberty safes come with different lighting systems, so you need to post an image of yours or the bulb. If you can't find a replacement, try an LED strip light.

The earlier models have incan. Bulbs.led strip ftw.as an owner of presidential I think the dimly lit incan was the only sucky part of the older libertys.im gonna pick up led strip tomorrow,im glad you reminded me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I added a 5W LED strip light (obtained at Lowe's) and leave it on to chase away the humidity.</div></div>

Does an LED light really generate enough heat to chase away humidity?

I live in northern NV and our humidity is low, usually about 13%. My LED lighting strip uses 5 watts, not enough for humid New York City but adequate for the desert. IIRC, heating rods are 15-30 watts.

Ok, here's a pic of the fixture:

4f18z.jpg

and one of the bulb:

zlp4pf.jpg

It's a 12v 18w bulb, according to the lettering on it. It's usually clear, just black now because it's burned out. It is definitely AC powered - it's fed from the power strip at the bottom of the safe along with the golden rod. The lights turn on when the door opens and off when it closes. They are plenty bright. It works fine and the bulbs have lasted since I bought the safe 9 or 10 years ago, so I don't really see any reason to install a new lighting system when all I need is 2 bulbs. I've found a few that look pretty similar online, just hoping there is someplace I can go and see one to compare so I know I am getting the right one, rather than ordering and hoping...

Thanks,
Erik

Try an auto parts store. It looks like a dash light for a GM vehicle

Thats what they call a Wedge bulb. T-5 model.. Here ya go, http://www.goodmart.com/products/thhc-lighting-18w-12v-clear-t-5-incandescent-wedge-bulb-wb921.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, here's a pic of the fixture:

4f18z.jpg

and one of the bulb:

zlp4pf.jpg

It's a 12v 18w bulb, according to the lettering on it. It's usually clear, just black now because it's burned out. It is definitely AC powered - it's fed from the power strip at the bottom of the safe along with the golden rod. The lights turn on when the door opens and off when it closes. They are plenty bright. It works fine and the bulbs have lasted since I bought the safe 9 or 10 years ago, so I don't really see any reason to install a new lighting system when all I need is 2 bulbs. I've found a few that look pretty similar online, just hoping there is someplace I can go and see one to compare so I know I am getting the right one, rather than ordering and hoping...

Thanks,
Erik </div></div>

My liberty uses long blue LED strips that cast a decent glow thru the whole safe. The upper portion is held in with cheap plastic clips that i need to replace but otherwise they are great. Power source is wired into the safe directly and the safe gets power from a small power source plugged into a 120 outlet.

The blue LED's are great for night time access where your eyes do not need to adjust to anything to bright. I will try and snap a picture or 2 tonight.

Thanks for the help, all. It looks like the T5 bulb is the one I need.