• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Light Optical Works - manufacture and import for?

jtb33

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
PHX, AZ - USA
It would appear that Bushnell and Nightforce (well, Lightforce, anyway) both have their riflescopes made at the same place.

Looking at public import records, Bushnell uses a LOT of places, so I'd assume that LOW is for their "Tactical" series of scopes (former 6500 Elite and 4200 Elite).

Do any other scope manufacturers use LOW? Or do they try to keep that type of stuff secret?

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/lightforce-usa-inc
http://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/light-optical-works-ltd

Re: Light Optical Works - manufacture and import for?

It's never been a secret, so really who cares as long as the scopes work... which clearly they have a good track record.

I believe Sightron has most of their scopes made there and 1 Mueller scope (Tac-2).

I also have heard that the weaver tacticals MIGHT be made there.

Which is, of course, good news. They make good shit.

SWFA won't say, but rumor has it that the HD Super Snipers are made there also.

I also believe the Weaver Tactical is made there.

I'm wondering about the Vortex Razor also. Notice how Wisconsin is a highlighted State?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's never been a secret, so really who cares as long as the scopes work... which clearly they have a good track record. </div></div>

Absolutely, they do. In fact, I bought a couple Bushnell 4200 Elites on your recommendation (well, implicit recommendation anyway, based on your video review) - and couldn't be happier with them.

I was just reading some other forum discussion (read: argument) on another site about how NF were so much better than Bushnell because of their "better glass". Hence a few google searches turned that up - at that point, I was just curious which other scopes were made there.

Keep in mind that just because products are made in the same factory for different customers does not mean that they are made to the same specifications. Also, some may be getting their glass from LOW and doing assembly elsewhere.

I believe that Nightforce does their assembly work and at least some of their machining in Idaho, USA.

Other brands reportedly doing at least some outsourcing to LOW include Weaver, Clearidge, and Nitrex.