• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors light or laser pointer

skydive91

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
I was just wondering some advantages and disadvantages of a laser pointer or a "tactical" flashlight would be mounted on a pistol?

Re: light or laser pointer

Didn't realize surefire was offering one as I have not been in the market for one for some time.

Botach has the Streamlight TLR-1's for $89. Try someone's laser before you buy one. I found the light to be sufficient for my uses.

Before you buy from Botach, go to arfcom and search for them. Lotta unhappy people there. Here too. IIRC.
Just sayin', is all.

1911fan

I don't use the laser light to much on my pistol but the light on a pistol that is a different story. I have 3 different pistols with lights on them. My glock with my SureFire X300 sits on my nightstand. If you hear anything in the middle of the night once I grab my pistol I am grabbing my light with it.

Also because I am running a grip switch to activate it I can turn on my light with one hand while opening the doors of my house with the other.

Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you buy from Botach, go to arfcom and search for them. Lotta unhappy people there. Here too. IIRC.
Just sayin', is all.

1911fan </div></div>

Really? I've spent too much to admit with them and never had an issue. Must have been one of the lucky ones. Good to know.