• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing light primer strikes on H&S

terrygood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Atlantic city NJ
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith to work on H&S Pro series action? I bought this rifle back 2000 from H&S. I have cleaned the firing pin spring and bolt. I also tried to adjust the trigger. From my understanding H&S makes all the components on there rifles? I think I might need a heavier spring?

Terry

It could be the firing pin spring is 18 years old and it just needs to be replaced springs do get weaker over time.

Montrose

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith to work on H&S Pro series action? I bought this rifle back 2000 from H&S. I have cleaned the firing pin spring and bolt. I also tried to adjust the trigger. From my understanding H&S makes all the components on there rifles? I think I might need a heavier spring?

Terry

I had this very same issue with my (2004) Pro Series HTR last winter.

No gunsmith needed. Simply called HSP, talked to one of their techs who gave me a return authorization to fix the problem under warranty. Turns out my firing pin spring was weak, so they replaced the pin and spring, free of charge.

Good to go! Fast turnaround and great customer service.

I just did what you said. Sent them the bolt and H-S had it back to me in one week. But they got me for $35. Installed it and the rifle shoots flawlessly.

Good deal. What was the $35 for? Shipping?

Did they also request you to send in the whole rifle? I declined because I didn't want to mess around with shipping mine. I believe they also upgraded something in the safety mechanism and cautioned me to make sure once I got the bolt back, to make sure that the firing pin did't drop when the safety was pushed forward into firing position. It was safe and everything worked fine. Haven't had a light strike since.

Glad you're up and running again.

no just the bolt. They did replace the safety and shroud on mine. I never had any issues with head space. But they did say if it did not work I would have to send back the rifle to checked over.

Attachments

• IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 36
Next time I head out to Deadwood, I'm bringing my HTR along to drop off in Rapid City for a week and they can do a checkup on it then!

Nice looking rifle, Terry!

Wish mine had the longer barrel.
YHexOSPh.jpg