• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Light weight rings

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
I’m putting together a lightweight setup for NRL hunter. I usually run Spuhr or arc m-brace mounts but looking for a lightweight ring set up 34 mm tube. Any recs? I use to run seekins or nf lightweight rings back in the day just wondering if anything newer more betters has come along

I run ARC M-Brace on all my rigs now. Still have quite a few with Seekins on them, but if I ever rescope them, they'll get M-Brace. The slight bit of extra weight is worth it for the peace of mind for the extra strength and support, since your scope is kind of the lifeblood of your rifle. If your scope gets thrashed or your zero gets knocked off, you're hunt is screwed until you can re-zero.

Reactions: codym
Dinpal makes very light ring mounts from titanium.

The new rings from unknown munitions are pretty sweet, but I don't own any. I usually use NF ultralite, but their 4 screw light rings aren't much heavier than the 6 screw. 6 screw I'm thinking are more solid for zero retention upon impact just do to mass.

I ran Talleys last year on my NRLH gun when ounces reeeeeally counted. Do I trust them, no, but I’m also not banging that gun around. The UM look interesting tho.

Depending on what rifle you're using the Hawkins Long Range Hybrid rings might be exactly what you need.