• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes light weight scopes

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
i have been searching and can not find the anwser that i am looking for. i built a light weight rifle with the nf 2.5x10x32 its 7#s. i am alittle nervous that that scope wont be good at low light. this rifle will be my main deer rifle and i will be using it on a dall ram hunt next year. i want great glass and would like a turrit(ccw) and ranging reticle if possible. the turrit being the most important. i want to have either a moa or mil turrit so the swaro BT is out since that is a range turrit. i have also looked at the Schmidt and bender precision hunter and if i cant find a compareable scope for less weight i will buy that one.

this rifle is going to be on hunts around the world so im looking for the best glass (SB) and turrits that you would trust a $10,000 hunt on. i would like to be under 20oz if possible. please let me know what scope you guys would use.

Re: light weight scopes

Both the IOR 2.5-10x42 and Super Sniper 3-9 fit your bill. Don't get me wrong if money is no option then S&B is a really nice fit. But given the two scope mentioned above will work well also.

Lots of dudes on here hunt with the nf 2.5-10 you should be just fine. Just check to make sure wherever you're going allows illuminated reticules on hunting scopes (some states do not or are gray about it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of dudes on here hunt with the nf 2.5-10 you should be just fine. Just check to make sure wherever you're going allows illuminated reticules on hunting scopes (some states do not or are gray about it). </div></div>

i have the battery out of it so that it is legal to use.