• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns lighten trigger pull on Kimber 1911?

WCW308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Central Idaho
Have a new Kimber 9mm Tactical Pro II-I like it. I have a good feeling about this one-compared to my other 1911's (Sig Extreme & Kimber gold match 45 ACP), trigger seems crisp, but kinda heavy. I have small hands.

Anyone recommend a guide/reference book on 1911s for "how-to" learn how they work, tear down, and lightening trigger pull... Not a duty weapon. Sent the Sig back to factory in NH to smooth & lighten pull. I'd like to at least consider doing the Kimber myself. Bad idea?

Guess I should say I am a novice pistol shooter compared to most here. Just love the 1911's.

Opinions appreciated.

Re: lighten trigger pull on Kimber 1911?

Seems to me that Walt Kuleck's 1911 book is kind of the bible that you are looking for. Others may have a better option?

Just make sure you understand how the trigger and firing components work before you take a stone to them. You may be able to tweak the sear spring a little and get it to where you want

The manual's by JERRY KUHNHAUSEN are very well respected.

I also have a copy of Hallock's Book of the .45 Auto and while some things in it are outdated it is very easy to read and comprehend. If you can find it I would definitely suggest picking up a copy.

Jeremy45

Generally for an American made 1911, unless they "pulled a Kimber" on you, all you need to do to lighten the pull from infinity to 3.5# or so is to adjust the sear spring.

The Jerry Kunhaussen books are considered definitive at classic, check for them and half.com before paying full price, but they are well worth it.

Thanks, I will get the 2 books. I probably just need to shoot more,
and get used to trigger weight. Still, like to learn more...