• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Lighter Hunting Suppressor

Twelve208

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2009
SE Idaho
Just wanted to get some ideas from some of you guys here that use you can for hunting.
I'm looking for a lightweight/smaller Ti can for my 6.5 Grendel and 6x45.
TTF has the Arc30 and Nemesis 30 that I currently have my eye on..
Thanks for your input before I pull the trigger on another can.

Just wanted to get some ideas from some of you guys here that use you can for hunting.
I'm looking for a lightweight/smaller Ti can for my 6.5 Grendel and 6x45.
TTF has the Arc30 and Nemesis 30 that I currently have my eye on..
Thanks for your input before I pull the trigger on another can.

Have you looked at the Yankee Hill Titanium?

The SAS Reaper is pretty nice for a short can - and very light. TBAC is supposed to be producing a short .30 can... I haven't seen/shot the TTF cans but they look promising.

I heard that TBAC had some shorter models at SHOT but haven't seen them yet. I asked Zak a month or so ago on the release and he said they were still testing stuff..I'm sure they are also super swamped just with 30P-1's..I would love to go with a TBAC..but the wait is killing me!

Just some info on the smaller cans from TBAC..

The 7" version is only 2-3 dB louder than the 30P-1 but it's 2" shorter. It weighs about 13.x ounces.

The 5" version is 10-12 dB louder than the 30P-1 with full power .308. It's 9.x ounces. It's intended primarily for subsonic .300 Blk or just as a "moderator" on a hunting rifle.

Might just wait,I would like to keep the can under 7" and in the 10-13 oz range..
I will look at the YHM and SAS..Thanks

Last edited:
I have a SAS Reaper and the 2" longer Arbiter. Both are excellent and REALLY light. Most times I go out I bring the Reaper, while it is *somewhat* louder, it's size and weight make it more handy, and it still delivers on sound suppression. I have no regrets. If I had it to do again I'd just have bought the Reaper and a 22 can.

Both my Ti SAS cans work well on .223 and 260 as well as 300 BLK and 308. I think you'd be happy.

Is TBAC's 556 suppressor capable of handling the 6.5Grendel if the bore is opened up to pass a 26 caliber bullet? The 6.5G isn't burning a whole lot of powder, about 15% more than a regular 556 load. It might not be as quiet but in terms of a very good moderator on a hunting rifle I suspect it would do the job neatly.

Check out Hooper Ordnance. While I have no experience with them, I've read a few good reviews. Their Femur S model is 7" and only 10 oz. It's something I was looking at when I wanted something short and light. I don't necessarily regret getting the TTF Archangel, but I should have went with an ARK30 for my hunting rifles. The Hooper seems to be in the same class.

Hooper Ordnance - Welcome

Our short Ti cans are ready to go but we're swamped with regular .30 cal cans right now. We should have these for sale very soon.

Any chance we can get some specs on these? I have a 30P-1 running on my 300 blackout right now and would really like something shorter than 9". Will they be rated for full power 308? 300WM? What dimensions and weight?

The Dakota arms varmiter made by Mack brothers is great for hunting, it's stainless and titanium and at 885$ it's priced right, it's direct thread but it was made for accuracy needed when hunting small game so it's to be expected