• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lighting a reticle.

6mmFan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Is there a way to light up a reticle that is not provided with illumination from the factory?

Just curious.

Thanks-
Dirk

http://www.stickerballistics.com/

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Re: Lighting a reticle.

There are some fiber optic type deals that shine a light into the scope, but I do not know how well they work.

I also believe you can use a mini chemlight to do something similar.

I have never tried it.

we have tried the mini chemlights, like the ones that the extasy(sp) freaks put in their mouths at the rave clubs or whatever. We tried them, they dont really work that well, but they do help just a little bit. Id be curious to hear what others have done, thats the only thing we have tried that i can recall

At one time, Leupold was talking about being able to retrofit some scopes with illumination. Maybe they are doing it now? Maybe your scope mfr can do it for you?

The bushnell firefly scopes are supposed to be able to glow for a time after being exposed to a light source, IE shining a flashlight down the tube. Seems there were others that also could be made to glow.

I have a nikon 1-4x that the reticle is visible in daylight with a Butler Creek cover over the objective...

Thanks for the replys.

Dirk

http://www.stickerballistics.com/

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln