• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Lightweight AR build

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
14.5 lightweight bbl from Bravo Co. Troy TRX rail. Pinned Vltor VC-1. RRA 2-stage trigger. etc.

Re: Lightweight AR build

I have mostly the same build. Not sure that I'll go with anything different for an AR for play and SD purposes ever again. Love the TRX rail!

I like the cantilever mounts. Seems that position which centers the Aimpoint right over the barrel nut is what I like best. This way I can do it without mounting to a forend which has the potential of spinning and losing zero.

I noted that this cantilever didn't work as well as the standard M68 mount for use with the aimpoint magnifier. On this other build I was able to pack everything together perfectly with the orginal M68, where the Cantilever left a space between the Aimpoint and magnifier. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it to work with a rear BUIS. (Weird huh?) It all has to do with how big the bases of the mounts are and how they are offset in relation to the end of the optics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/NewMiddy.jpg

Yes it's a proprietary barrel nut. It comes with a wrench and it's simple to install.

I only have a bathroom scale. I shows 7lbs. Pretty good for all the bells and whistles. Some day I might get a Aimpoint Micro for it and currently I'm exploring different light options.

Thanks Salmonaxe.....looking at picking up one to replace my YHM rail and save a little weight....