• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight AR

HOGGHEAD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Rivesville, WV
I am looking at lightweight AR rifles. I want the 223 cartridge. I would like for it be be as accurate as possible out to about 300 yards max. I would like to keep the rifle weight between 6.5#---7.5#. Good quality open sights. But have the ability to mount a scope if I want to. A collapsing stock. Possibly some type of rail for a light.

The rifle will be used for home protection. Fun shooting. Possibly some short range varmint hunting. And an overall good truck rifle. Any suggestions?? Please be specific as possible.

I would like for the rifle to be MOA accurate. Tom.

Re: Lightweight AR

Take a look at the new Para Ar-15s? They reversed the gas tube to allow for a folding collasping stock. Comes with a flatop receiver and a quad rail up front too. Troy flip-ups if I remember right. Havent heard a thing about reliabilty or accuracy though, just saw it today at the shop.

Re: Lightweight AR

Sorry I posted on the wrong section of the forum. Would a moderator please move it for me. Thanks, Tom.