• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight Folding Chassis options

Memberberries

Yup, I missed...
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
Green country
I want to build a light handy 300blk SBR to dispatch random critters around the property without alerting the neighbors or the dog. All of it's life will be with a can and pretty much be the within reach rifle and need to be capable of fitting in all sorts of storage places in order to do that. a lightweight side folder is really what I'm looking for, it will be topped with a lightweight LPVO since all shots should be within 300 yards or so. I want adjustability and the usual do-all rig accessory capability like bipod, sling, hog light that will someday become a clip-on etc. Action will either be a 700 footprint custom action or a Tikka and it will get a stamp.

First thought was a Q side chick because it's only 2.5lbs but it would have to get chopped down to go with a 10" barrel since my can won't fit inside the handguard. then I started looking at the XLR Carbon but it appears to be discontinued and the element mg is the lightweight (maybe lighter than the carbon?) XLR now which should come in at just over 2 lbs with the folding stock adapter. A Manners TF1 would come in at 2.6 lbs with the elite shell but the TF1A which I would prefer comes in another pound heavier. The JTac screech owl should be down there weight wise but I'm less of a fan of the telescoping stock and the Christiansen MPR chassis is over 3 lbs but worth mentioning even though the handguard would be too long and need cut back.

What other chassis/stocks should I be considering?

MDT LSS Gen 2. Takes carbine buffer tubes so you throw a lightweight folder on and keep it as a pistol or a Black Collar Arms Pork Sword. I have a 10” 450bm pork sword pistol on big horn origin

Attachments

• CD0FCFE7-A648-4C7F-B783-F1D0D7743C66.jpeg
    CD0FCFE7-A648-4C7F-B783-F1D0D7743C66.jpeg
    705.9 KB · Views: 362
Reactions: Memberberries
Yeah the LSS is a slick little chassis. Almost went with it over the pork sword chassis but with a name like pork sword I had no choice.

Reactions: Memberberries
There is an LSS pistol chassis on Brownells, it was discounted last I saw. Looks to be the same except the forend. Add the folding AR butstock and go.