• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Lightweight mirage cover

uppercut11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2020
I just bought my Dead Air Nomad Ti suppressor and will be waiting for a while for everything to go through so I can take it home. I went with the Nomad Ti because it was the lowest weight I could find for the level of performance. Of course TBAC then released their Gen 2 version of the Ultra series, which I would have gone with instead, but oh well. As I am trying to to stay as lightweight as possible, I am looking for suggestions on the mirage cover. This will be on a bolt action hunting rifle so high heat capacity is not a big concern. I am looking at the Armageddon covers, and found another thread on here showing the weight to be 1.8-2 oz. I am wondering if there is a lighter weight option, or equivalent weight that people like better. Many companies don't publish weights for some reason.

I like to get the orange mirage covers from ColeTac for my hunting suppressors. Here in MI hunter orange is required so I think they add a nice little touch, plus I just like the way it looks tbh. No idea on the weight but it’s the metal python one from their site. They’re running 15% off right now for black friday

Attachments

• A2169278-2CCA-461B-871C-8097C1194E43.jpeg
    A2169278-2CCA-461B-871C-8097C1194E43.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Zeroit
Just a suggestion, if you are hunting and only taking a couple shots, you won't need a mirage cover.
Thanks Zak. This will be my first one and I had understood that after one shot the mirage from the heat obscured the scope. I wish I had know you were coming out with the Gen2 version of the ultra series!