• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lightweight scope with Mil and no exposed turret

witchazel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
I am building a light mountain rifle and am looking for a 1lbs or less optic.I need graduations(does not have to be mil) I can use for holdovers but I do not want exposed turrets that can be bumped, I lost my best deer this year due to that. I am looking at the Swaro Z3 BRX reticle or something from the Leupold custom shop. I want a quality scope I will not doubt. Are their any better options out there?

Swaro Z5 3-18x44 with BRH or BRX reticle. 15.9 ounces of optical bliss. The reticles are on the thin side IIRC. Good luck.

I have a Z3 3-10 BRH. The H reticle is better for hunting in low light, it's graduated in 0.05 mil subtensions and you can find them for less than $800. Also only 12.7 oz.

Leica ERi 2-10x42 with ballistic reticle. It is mil based and has center dot illumination. Thank me later after you call Eurooptic.

With Swaro, go with BRH reticle. BRX is pretty iffy in low light. I do agree with RHutch that Leica ERi is a better choice. The ballistic reticle is essentially a mil reticle at 10x.

If you want to step up to a 50mm objective, I have a Kahles KXi 3.5-10x50 that will be landing over at the classifies shortly (as much as I dislike the idea of selling it, I can't afford to keep it when it was replaced by Leica Magnus 1.8-12x50). The KXi 3.5-10x50, in my opinion, is the best 1" tube hunting scope made to date.

ILya

The Vortex Razor HD LH is worth checking out, right around 16oz, excellent glass, killer eye box, and priced very reasonably. I'm not a big vortex fan, but I have two of these scopes...one 2-10x40 and a 3-15x42.

The Vortex Razor HD LH is worth checking out, right around 16oz, excellent glass, killer eye box, and priced very reasonably. I'm not a big vortex fan, but I have two of these scopes...one 2-10x40 and a 3-15x42.

If the Razor HD LH is your game, Cabelas has the 2-10x on sale for $490.

If you are good with a reticle that is not mil-based, Razor HD LH is an excellent option. I have all three sizes and they are exceedingly nice scopes for the money.

ILya

If you are good with a reticle that is not mil-based, Razor HD LH is an excellent option. I have all three sizes and they are exceedingly nice scopes for the money.

ILya

I'll also give a good word for the Razor HD LH. I have the 2-10 and it is a nice little scope. The fact that you can pull the caps and dial the turrets by hand like any other scope with exposed turrets is a nice feature as well.

Midway seems to put the 2-10x on sale every once in awhile. I got my 2-10x for ~$525 the last time I saw them discounted.

Dave

I use the Trijicon Accupoint line for this application. I LOVE the 3-9x40 and 2.5-10x56 with mil dot reticle. My favorite hunting scopes. YMMV.

Best,

Will

No experience with the 2.5-10 but I've spent a lot of time between the 1-4x24 and the 3-9x40 trijicons - nothing I'd rather have in this price category. I much prefer the dot to the triangle post though.