• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lightweight scope?

tucansam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2012
I took my hulking IOR 3-18x50 off my Rem 700 to put it on another rifle, and realized how light the rifle (LTR) really is. Got me thinking of replacing the IOR on it with a lightweight scope. Was looking at the Leupold Mark 6 at 23.6oz.

What are some other lightweight scopes in the same class that I should be considering?

I appreciate the replies guys. I'm looking for 15-18x or better, turrets, mil/mil, zero stop, etc.

I would add the March 3-24 ffp, 22.6 oz. FFP with mil/mil and zero stop. The glass is very good for the dimensions of this scope. I have had one for a while and it has yet to let me down.

R

Yep, I'd say the March mentioned above (22.5 oz.).
Or, Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50 (25.5 oz), or Leupy Mark 6 (23.5oz ). These 3 are about the lightest I know of in Alpha glass and full "tactical" features. All 3 excellent scopes, might be a few others under 25 oz. not sure.