• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lightweight scope

Dairyboy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2020
WA State
Hey guys, looking for a new scope for an air rifle I use on our dairy. It's a bullpup PCP and the scope on it at the moment is an Athlon Ares ETR UHD 3-18x50 which is a fantastic scope. However it makes it quite top heavy weighing ~32oz. Would love to cut that down at least 8oz if possible but not sure I can find something that'll fit my Criteria. So far I have an Athlon Midas Tac 4-16x44 which would work but would like a Christmas tree reticle preferably. Also looking at the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 in Mil. Not dead set on Athlon scopes they just seem to have what I like usually. Open to other brands also.
  • What cartridge are you shooting? .22 Air rifle
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Hunting and pesting
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daylight, Lowlight
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 15-100 yds
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? FFP, 30mm tube, 25yd focus, Mil, Christmas tree reticle. Illuminated is a + but not necessary
  • What is the price range you can afford? $500-$1000

This is probably one of the lightest you will find, and it weighs in at 9.5oz. Don't think you're going to get anywhere close to the weight you are aiming for with the specifications you want.

SWFA Ultralight

vortex viper gen 2 might fit most of that, but still 26oz and not tree reticle.
i don't have one, but i think folks seem to like them for the price.

The Viper is very nice for the money if they still have them for 600$. It is pretty heavy though. I think its 28oz.

EuroOptic has the Vortex Razor HD 2-10x40 on close-out for $450.00. It has their HSR-4 reticle which I bet would be entirely adequate for the ranges you're shooting. It's half the weight of your 3-18 ETR. On the other hand, it's MOA, SFP with a fixed 100 yard parallax and has a 1" tube.