• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight Supressed rifle help

Infringed711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2012
San Diego, PRK
So I recently got the idea of starting a lightweight supressed rifle but I'm not exactly sure how I want to go about it to the point that I'm not even sure what caliber I want and was wondering if people on here could help.

What I'm looking for the rifle to do:
Be lightweight
Shorter barrel (like 16 inches"
Good suppression
Be able to hold at least 1moa out to 500 yards
Primary purpose would be hunting/plinking
Originally I was thinking something like 300 blackout since I already shoot 5.56 and .308 but I don't know if I'd be able to stretch it to 500 yards. Any advice would be appreciated

6.8 mm spc. 110 or 115 grain projectiles. Made for short barrel AR platform. Plus you could just buy the upper and swap it on your 556

Stick with 308 and run a Barnes TTSX projectile.

Manners Carbon Fiber Layup stock
Medium Palma Barrel at 18"
Nightforce 2.5-10x42 scope

Should be awesome weight rifle and be sub MOA to 600

Originally I was thinking something like 300 blackout since I already shoot 5.56 and .308 but I don't know if I'd be able to stretch it to 500 yards. Any advice would be appreciated

On paper the .300 BLK has better ballistics than the 5.56/.223. People get the 5.56 out to 500yds all the time.

I think the .300 BLK will easily go to 500yds.

6.8 mm spc. 110 or 115 grain projectiles. Made for short barrel AR platform. Plus you could just buy the upper and swap it on your 556

OP didn't say if he hand an AR. But the .300 BLK is just a versatile, if not more so.

Yea I'm looking for a bolt gun, I thought the 300 blk died out after 300 yards or so?

I own and shoot steel out to 500 yards and beyond...
-300 Blackout 16" bolt action
-308 Winchester 16" bolt action
-6.8 SPC II 16" AR
-300 Blackout 10" SBR AR

308 would be my pick.

300 Blackout isn't made for distance. IMHO it belongs in a SBR. I don't rely on it past 200. Other tools (308) are better suited.

something like this will get you there. Titanium can, pencil barrel cut to 16", manners light weight stock, light weight rings and bases. Watch your scope weight some of them are pigs. Use a 5 round mag or run standard bottom metal.

you could get exotic like a titanium action but the cost rises rapidly from there.

Last edited:
something like this will get you there. Titanium can, pencil barrel cut to 16", manners light weight stock, light weight rings and bases. Watch your scope weight some of them are pigs. Use a 5 round mag or run standard bottom metal.

you could get exotic like a titanium action but the cost rises rapidly from there.

That looks like exactly what I'm looking for, looks like I'll be sticking with .308, this is gonna be a long term project since I'm still living in the California...hate this state but I'm stuck here till the wife gets out of the Navy so since ill have a few years to complete this rifle so price isn't gonna be a huge factor. Hopefully by the time I start there will be more word on those carbon fiber barrels too, get a manners CF stock, I'll look into the titanium actions and see what I can put together