• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lija 260 remington barrel

scatterbrains

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2011
Im looking for some info on lijas 260 rem 20" barrel, specifically the AR10740 model. I have a ma ten that im looking to finish up and i am hung up on a barrel. Id like a 20-22" barrel.
the lija is a lighter barrel with .750 pretty much the whole length.

Has anyone used one of these barrels?

Thank you for any info.

Last edited:
Im looking for some info on lijas 260 rem 20" barrel, specifically the Ar1024 model. I have a ma ten that im looking to finish up and i am hung up on a barrel. Id like a 20-22" barrel.
the lija is a lighter barrel with .750 pretty much the whole length.

Has anyone used one of these barrels?

Thank you for any info.

Lilja's AR barrels, both AR-15 and large-frame AR, are top notch in my experience in terms of overall quality and accuracy.

As for your wants in a barrel...I think you have the wrong one in mind. The AR1024 is a HEAVY barrel. Its 1.2" immediately in front of the bbl extension, then tapered down to 0.975", then 0.936" at the journal (gas block area), then 0.875" in front of the block to the muzzle. The AR10740 is their lighter contour which is basically a straight, 0.750" tube from not far in front of the barrel extension, through the journal, then 0.74" from in front of the journal to the muzzle. It is nearly 2lbs lighter than the AR1024 in comparable lengths.

You are correct, the AR10740 is what i meant to reference. How well will the skinny barrel work for running it in precision matches? Its between this and a 20" blackhole weaponry barrel.

Thanks

Lilja's steel selection and rifling processes are renowned amongst benchrest competitors, long-range hunters, and other riflemen who have an extremely high expectation for accuracy. It's very nice that they have AR10 options ready to order.

LR-
Have been considering a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for an Armalite AR10B-can Lilja or other supply these or am I going to have to go another route? Thought about just going to .260, but already set up for Creedmoor in a Lilja barreled bolt gun. Thanks for any leads-apologize for the threadjack.

I have the 24" version and I couldn't be happier with it. This is the .936" gas block diameter.

Mega Maten

e74ae72331cec899cada90a1a18951b1_zps3d8559e7.jpg

I have that same barrel in 308. Wish they would offer the 6.5 CM. Case is a little shorter than the 260 and I prefer it in a gas gun. My 308 shoots great and is not overly heavy for a large frame AR. Ended up with a JP 6.5 CM barrel on another build. Hit a piece of steel the other day at 725 yards 2 out of 3 shots just using my Shooter ap to dial the elevation.

They will custom turn a barrel blank to your specs. I had them turn a 7mm blank down to a heavy profile and cut at 22". Its on my MEGA MATEN build in 7-08. The price was pretty reasonable as I recall.

I have the .308 version of that barrel. Accuracy is great. The first time I shot it I got several groups 3/4" or less. The only thing about the light weight contour is that it heats up faster. I have noticed accuracy to open up around 15-20 shots (all fired together). A few minutes of rest with the bolt open and it's good to go though.
I'd love if they made a 22" 6.5 Creedmoor with that same profile.

They will custom turn a barrel blank to your specs. I had them turn a 7mm blank down to a heavy profile and cut at 22". Its on my MEGA MATEN build in 7-08. The price was pretty reasonable as I recall.

I'm interested in hearing more about that. Any threads where you go into detail about your 7mm-08 MA-TEN? 7mm-08 is what .308 should have been in my opinion.

LR-
Have been considering a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for an Armalite AR10B-can Lilja or other supply these or am I going to have to go another route? Thought about just going to .260, but already set up for Creedmoor in a Lilja barreled bolt gun. Thanks for any leads-apologize for the threadjack.

When I asked GA Precision about the differences between the Armalite and DPMS barrel extensions, they said they couldn't find any, but they still matched extensions with bolts from the same sources. There are plenty of people who have used one type of barrel/BCG in the other receiver set. I actually prefer the Armalite BCG because of the springed firing pin, and balanced lugs.

To double-check, you can measure your current barrel extension or inner diameter of the Armalite upper, the depth into the receiver from the face, and check Lilja's AR10 barrel tech diagrams for your answers:

http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/pdf_barrel_drawings/ar_profiles/ar10_740_18_mod.PDF

Well, there's my homework assignment! Thanks, Paul, for an always informative response. Wish there were more low hanging options for the Armalite receiver-they're overwhelmed by DPMS pattern alternatives. Hoping new ownership will bring something to Armalite's game.

Last edited: