• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Like New or Show Room Demo Optics

General RE LEE

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2022
Middle TN
Most of my optics are like new or show room demos from Euro Optic. Has anyone ever had issues with a show room demo or a like new optic? So far knock on wood, mine have all been great. It makes it hard to buy new unless a demo isnt available.

Reactions: JAC0X
I have bought 2 “demo” optics from them.
Both were indistinguishable from new, other than the open box.
I don’t think that they are really demos at all. Why would they need a dozen of the same optic for a demo?
I think that it’s a way for a large online retailer to sell product below MAP.

I have bought 2 “demo” optics from them.
Both were indistinguishable from new, other than the open box.
I don’t think that they are really demos at all. Why would they need a dozen of the same optic for a demo?
I think that it’s a way for a large online retailer to sell product below MAP.

Optic companies have several reps throughout North America. The reps all get demo optics to show to retailers. It's not for one rep.

Sounds like you care more about being a douche on an internet forum than how an OEM introduces product to market.

This isn’t 1990, they don’t have reps with a suitcase full of scopes going door to door to gun stores showing products. Even if they did they wouldn’t be sending those samples of current models to dealers to blow out as demo optics. Your theory is wrong and completely without logic.

I’ve bought a lot of “open box” and “demo” optics from dealers and I’ve yet to get one that I didn’t cut the seal on.

Reactions: Charmingmander