• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lil' Gun really is "sticky" ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Decided to try Hodgdon's Lil' Gun powder for 300-BLK after doing some research. Read reviews that were generally positive, but several indicated briefly that it was "sticky". I didn't know what that meant, until yesterday when I used it for the first time. Literally every powder I use in my Chargemaster 1500 drops through the cleaning port without issues ... imagine my surprise when, after loading some test cartridges and trying my normal method to clean out my Chargemaster I had "globs" of powder "stick" to the sides of the bin and adhere to the evacuation walls. I got it all broken free and ejected using a brush and a lot of banging ... but I now know what all those reviews about "stickiness" were talking about. It literally "sticks" to the walls of the dispenser. Not a show-stopper if the powder shoots well ... just a PITA during post-charge clean-up. FWIW ... just sharing my experience.