• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lilja AR barrels ???

smokshwn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2004
Salt Lake UT
I would like to hear about any experiences with Lilja AR barrels. I am looking at one of their lightweight 16" middie barrels and would like to hear anything you have to say concerning relative speed, accuracy, function etc.

Thanks in advance, Craig

Re: Lilja AR barrels ???

Seems like an expensive way to go for a 16 inch lightweight. YMMV

Good luck

Jerry

Good stuff. I got one from Nordic a while back.

Accuracy with all bullets is outstanding. I had a poly rifled barrel that did not like 55s at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like an expensive way to go for a 16 inch lightweight. YMMV

Good luck

Jerry </div></div>

This isn't going to be a plinker so considering that the following barrels are the direct competition and still require shipping.

$290 with a gas tube and included shipping seems very competitive.

JP $350
Noveske $450
Daniel Defense $290
Rainier Arms $365
WOA $289
Sabre Defense $290

You won't go wrong with a Lilja barrel period. Dan is great guy and believes in what he puts out because that'll show back on him. No matter what it costs.

Craig,

Noting against Lija - the OP stated light weight short barrel. When you included speed and function in you question I was thinking 3-gun not a tack driving target barrel.

Good luck

Jerry

Jerry,

No harm no foul at all, I was just putting it out there that other than milspec quality barrels the Lilja's from Nordic seem to be pretty price competitive.

And it is going on a 3 gun upper, kinda wanting to try really light and see what it show me.

Thanks, Craig