• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report limbsaver de-resonator ?

Re: limbsaver de-resonator ?

They work fine, I like Kick-eez or however you spell it.

We had a plastic tube and a big ass ball bearing we set both pads together on a work bench.

The Kick-eez bounced the least out of all of them, and I'm pretty sure was also the cheapest.

I have been to the SVL(Sims Vibration Lab.) shop in Shelton, WA...about 15 miles from my house. They are a great bunch of people and have outstanding customer service. Their products are top notch and are as good if not better than any other pad out there.

I tried one on an FN SPR and it didn't do anything. No better- no worse. On a thin barrel it might help .

david

I like SVL products. However, if you reload you are doing exactly what the deresonator was desgined for- Altering barrel harmonics. That's it. If you reload it's a waste of money.

Does the effectiveness vary with big swings in outdoor temps?

My testing with muzzle mounted weights allowed loading to arbitrary loads and showed great accuracy tuneability, but also went 'out of tune' very quickly when temps swung significantly.

I have tried to do a load work up on 2 rifles with the deresonator on the barrel (customer wanted it left on). Both rifles I could not get any loads to shoot well. They would not follow normal shot paterns you would normally find when working up a load. I asked to take it off, and repeated the loads, and found great shooting loads in both rifles. I won't do load work up with them on now.
But, if you only shoot factory ammo and need something to try and tune the barrel to the load, I would think this would work. You would have to adjust the deresonator up/down the barrel and shoot a group and see how it did. But, how reliable it would be in varying temps would be nice to know.

Ran into a fellow this weekend @ the Boomer Shoot. He had (among other things) a T2K that he said after it had been re-barreled, he couldn't get it to shoot for beans. Tried a deresonator on a whim, and suddenly the damned thing would shoot like it should have from the beginning. Go figure.