• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Limbsaver for Magpul PRS

engineer307

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2009
TX
I keep reading that people are putting Limbsaver products on their Magpul PRS stocks. Whick one works? I looked all over their site and there's not a recommendation to be had. I called and they thought the model 10101 for a Remington synthetic stock will work. I want to be sure before I waste my money on something that doesn't. Thanks!

Re: Limbsaver for Magpul PRS

Thanks for the tip! I actually found out that Bushmaster has the official Limbsaver PRS product and you can only get it from them. They're good people so I picked one up. Turns out you have to buy the complete PRS to get it. It was only a little more than a PRS from anywhere else and they actually had them in-stock! I jumped at it.

I just got this yesterday. I'll post pics of both soon. The back plate is totally different between the two.

I took a Limbsaver grind to fit recoil pad and used the Magpul PRS thin recoil pad to mark out the size and then used my belt sander to fit it. I had to drill a new upper hole and use 10X24 1" phillips head bolts to mount it on top of the PRS thin recoil pad and it turned out to work great. It's mounted on my Bushmaster lower that I've got a Bohica 50 BMG upper on and it's painless to shoot. Right now I'm shooting 647 gr API bullets at 2478 FPS with 218 gr of AA8700 out of a 24" barrel. It works and only took me about 30 minutes to complete the job.

bohica50bmgwith832x56ni.jpg

bohicawithnightforce832o.jpg

I had the opportunity to see one of these at a SWAT shoot last fall and have been considering it myself for my AR-10.

The butt assembly that uses the Limbsaver is different from the standard one. It's most likely adaptable though. There is someone here on the hide that is working on a conversion assembly as we speak and might be available in the future.

Here is mine for those that havent seen one.

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackstone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some one on this site made one to fit.
Was it "SepticTank"?
PM him. </div></div>

i ran across a guy at a magpul class i was in that was basically mentioning how they, MAGPUL, had built several of these butt plates to accept the remington limbsaver recoil pad - same part number used by rem in all their shotguns. however, the relief cut for the guide rod had been oversized, thus, many had some 'play' after installation.

i offered to buy some of the blems, and ended up buying them all. there were only a handful that needed shimmed and the balance we simply filled with penetrating bearing mount. i cut a deal from brownells to buy a hundred limbsavers, put all the parts together and sold the butt plate section as a replacement kit.

i have two left and i'm keeping them for my own projects.

i have since talked to MAGPUL and we are talking about more of these. if there is interest i can do this again, provided enough of you want to do it.

i'd have no problem with it.

right now this part IS NOT available seperately through MAGPUL, but i've heard that you can order it through COBB as they are folks this was originally built for as equipment for their 50BMG rig.

let me know if i can help.

-michael

Dittos, it would have to look better than my grind job. I also know two others that would be interested. Let me know if you start back or hear of them doing this please.

Haha... I have a Bohica 24" .50BMG upper too. Boy that thing is a hoot to shoot. I only shot about 30 rounds out of it and am considering just selling it since I don't have a lower for it and due to my job cutting hours I wont be able to afford one anytime soon since I'm putting everything I can towards my 700P.

I just joined this awesome forum tonight. They have a section I can list the Bohica upper in?

Better read the rules for listing items
smile.gif

Count me in as interested in one as well ST. I've wanted one since I first saw yours but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get my hands on one. Don't really need it for recoil reduction but the added LOP would be great.

I am interested as well will be coverting an AR10T lower for the 50. Let me know.

Tom

i'd be in for 1 or 2 more, if another run was offered

Guys...this thread is ANCIENT for all intents and purposes with the last post (before yesterday) being made over 14 months ago.

HOWEVER...in the interest of anyone looking to buy a PRS extended rubber buttpad, Magpul now offers a non-Limbsaver version as a standard catalog item. See here for more details:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG350/35

The Magpul version is not a "cushy" as the Limbsaver, but it does offer some additional padding/recoil protection for those sensitive shooters with larger caliber ARs and it also extends the LOP by approx. 0.5".

I am also interested in three: 2 for AR15s and one for an AR10T.

Please keep me posted on your progress!

TIA

I'd be very interested!

I'd be very interested!

Reviving a very old thread in hopes that someone has a solution? Magpul makes an extended butt-pad but it is not nearly "soft" to help reduce felt recoil, are there any new options with Limbsaver or Pacmayr today?

I found this company which has a unique design with soft pad... Enhanced Adjustable Recoil Pad Assembly for PRS