• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Limbsaver Pad Installation

bucster

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2009
New York
My 5R is at the gunsmith having some trigger work done. I was thinking of having a limbsaver recoil pad added while the smith has it. Does anyone know what a fair price is to install? I know it is expoxied on and not an easy job. Thanks.

Re: Limbsaver Pad Installation

I would think under 50 bucks including the pad and worth every cent and then some. Or you could do it your self, mine actually just used screws.

Most are grind to fit, you can do it yourself, but time consuming and easy to screw up.

I'd plan on $30 parts and $50 labor and be happy at that. Since he's doing other work it might be a little cheaper for you.

I don't mind the work Jason, but like u said, it is easy to screw up. I think I'll call the smith this week and have him do it. Otherwise, i'll end up buying a new stock before I'm ready. Thanks for the replies.

I would think about adding wieght to the stock as well as the Limbaver, if you have a belt sander a recoil pad is pretty easy to do, do a search in the gunsmithing section.